I have an alter ego, so I'd like to call it. A character fictioned by my own imagination for a purpose I hardly recall anymore. I named him Tommy and he's been with me for many years. Maybe I'd say he was here since I first came here to Wellington. He took on many shapes before but most of the time he represented my actual ego-self whom I blamed for all the ridiculous arrogant narcissistic behaviour bastard I was once, or perhaps still a tad am.
However, I always have liked to picture him in a soft exterior, in conflict to the hard, sophisticated, egotistical wannabe self. Possibly, that is how I really am, or wanted to be, or totally the opposite as one would never know. Regardless, there's no possible relevance to justify the existence of this fella. He humor me and that is all I need from a fictional figure, same as Batman and Maya Karin.
I'd say he can be my conscience in some ways, if possible. Despite the ego-oriented perceptions and opinions he only mattered, he sometimes can be very analytical or perhaps genius as some might say in his imaginary world. He told me to dress well on certain occasions, exceeds my comfort zone, aim higher even non necessary, etc. Although I do realize it is still me talking to myself but having a sheep (a cool kind) to tell me stuffs, well, seems more convincing.
Hence, as this is the first official time, may I properly introduce you, Tommy.


4 comments:
whenever u mentioned tommy (a few times jugak rite?), i usually imagine him as tommy vercetti the GTA vice city guy.
salah rupanya.
tapi takpe. tommy yang ni comel :)
ahahah. well tommy is a common name. who knows i was actually influenced by gta back then.
"However, I always have liked to picture him in a soft exterior, in conflict to the hard, sophisticated, egotistical wannabe self"
I guess that explains the fierce zorro-like mask, and the guitar with snapped strings Tommy has..? Nonetheless, I admire the symbolism in your choice of character. Clap clap!
it was not intended to be a zorro-like mask. its sort of a shadow from the hair shading the eyes giving that fiery mystery look. heh.
nonetheless, tankiu :)
Post a Comment