Kids.
I know I don't even have a wife, nor even a girlfriend, to even start talking about kids of my own. Yet, somehow this thought just suddenly came into mind.
When I have a kid, or specifically a boy of my own, I would want him to like basketball. The first toy that he'll get for his first birthday (and possibly the next 20) is a basketball with a tiny rim in his bedroom. Heck, I would like to try and create this brainwashing technique that soon he will like basketball as how I want him to be.
All the toys in his room will have that basketball-ish theme, i.e. fluffy toys of basketball ball (well, how else can I call it? We have soccer ball, rugby ball, snooker ball and not basketball ball?), poster of basketball legends around the walls, music, or specifically the smooth sound of the ball bouncing on the parquet or the sound of the net when a ball got in or any other sound that relates to a basketball games that will serenade his sleeping night time, air freshener made of the smell of basketball leather or parquet on the court, basically if you get my drift by now the first 2 years of his life will be all about basketball-ish.
Why the first 2 years? I'm glad that you ask. Well, when he reached his 2nd birthday, or somewhere before, I will remove all those basketball-ish stuffs off his room and replace them with all the other normal toys and decorations that a normal baby room should have. The next few months, or years I will raise him like any normal daily life should be and open him up to all the possibilities to allow him to be whatever he wants to be and play whatever he wants to play - as a sporting flexible father as what I would like him to see me.
After a few years, when he's around 4-5 years old, during a family dinner, suddenly,
"Mommy, daddy, can I play basketball?"
And all he knows that he came up with the idea to play basketball by himself.
I know I don't even have a wife, nor even a girlfriend, to even start talking about kids of my own. Yet, somehow this thought just suddenly came into mind.
When I have a kid, or specifically a boy of my own, I would want him to like basketball. The first toy that he'll get for his first birthday (and possibly the next 20) is a basketball with a tiny rim in his bedroom. Heck, I would like to try and create this brainwashing technique that soon he will like basketball as how I want him to be.
All the toys in his room will have that basketball-ish theme, i.e. fluffy toys of basketball ball (well, how else can I call it? We have soccer ball, rugby ball, snooker ball and not basketball ball?), poster of basketball legends around the walls, music, or specifically the smooth sound of the ball bouncing on the parquet or the sound of the net when a ball got in or any other sound that relates to a basketball games that will serenade his sleeping night time, air freshener made of the smell of basketball leather or parquet on the court, basically if you get my drift by now the first 2 years of his life will be all about basketball-ish.
Why the first 2 years? I'm glad that you ask. Well, when he reached his 2nd birthday, or somewhere before, I will remove all those basketball-ish stuffs off his room and replace them with all the other normal toys and decorations that a normal baby room should have. The next few months, or years I will raise him like any normal daily life should be and open him up to all the possibilities to allow him to be whatever he wants to be and play whatever he wants to play - as a sporting flexible father as what I would like him to see me.
After a few years, when he's around 4-5 years old, during a family dinner, suddenly,
"Mommy, daddy, can I play basketball?"
And all he knows that he came up with the idea to play basketball by himself.

7 comments:
bdk hons pun ada masa pk benda2 gini ke? ;p
nnt anak ko dh besar aku nak bocorkan rahsia nyehehe
I hope little boy lives through the two crucial years, trying to dry his baby tears by the swoosh sound of a perfect three pointer as oppose to night rhymes and twinklety! :)
sue: of cos! plus the last few entries are actually psal research aku pon. and yeah aku committed weh ngan blog aku hahahah.
aji: have u seen the nike basketball adverts? they do make cool musics with those basketball sounds. maybe skrg a lullaby or injit2 semut pon dah bole buat kot?
hahaha strategist gile.
sounds like a great plan. i think the best time to spill the beans is when your anak nak kawin, during their wedding day. that'll be such a sweet moment :)
hmm.. u are applying "bandura's learning theory"..well at least the u can make the PJ's teacher work more easier..hehe
zaty: ahh i reckon there's no need to spill. i've a bit fear of being blamed of brainwashing.
c: thanks for the info. i just googled it and it's a good read. cheers.
definitely will try it with my son... owh, btw, care to be my son's personal coach? ;-)
Post a Comment