I found this article in New Zealand Herald last week and have kept it for today's entry. TopSports reported New Zealand's Happiest Places and Rodney District takes the top honour while Waitekere City languishes at the bottom. Wellington is at fourth, behind Rodney, Dunedin and Tauranga. Auckland and Christchurch are in the bottom five of the top 10 list - if it's worth mentioning.
Anyway, the report spans around how people feel about themselves, their lives and their communities. The criterias taken into account are health, satisfaction with leisure time, sense of safety at home in the day, perceived safety of unsupervised children in the local area, balance between work and other aspects of life, emotional wellbeing, frequency of experiencing stress, feeling of isolation, ability to cover costs of everyday life, overall satisfaction with life, and perceptions of quality of life.
Although the paragraph above is, I think, pointless, but I copied it from the website anyway. And, believe it or not, from the report, money doesn't make us happy. Sure, poverty makes you unhappy but once basic needs are met there's little difference between the wealthy and the well-enough off. Which may explain why Auckland is at the bottom of the list.
I guess that's why the article caught my attention. I'm not an avid fan of money. I hate the fact that money is often an issue in life. Money does not make us happy. I just hope that this principle I strongly believe in won't hit me back in the face later in the future when I'll be scraping money for house loans and stuffs.
Anyway, the report spans around how people feel about themselves, their lives and their communities. The criterias taken into account are health, satisfaction with leisure time, sense of safety at home in the day, perceived safety of unsupervised children in the local area, balance between work and other aspects of life, emotional wellbeing, frequency of experiencing stress, feeling of isolation, ability to cover costs of everyday life, overall satisfaction with life, and perceptions of quality of life.
Although the paragraph above is, I think, pointless, but I copied it from the website anyway. And, believe it or not, from the report, money doesn't make us happy. Sure, poverty makes you unhappy but once basic needs are met there's little difference between the wealthy and the well-enough off. Which may explain why Auckland is at the bottom of the list.
I guess that's why the article caught my attention. I'm not an avid fan of money. I hate the fact that money is often an issue in life. Money does not make us happy. I just hope that this principle I strongly believe in won't hit me back in the face later in the future when I'll be scraping money for house loans and stuffs.

3 comments:
thanks for the info! i guess wellington is a great place to live in after all despite its outrageous winds and hills ^_^
me miss welly...heheheh
and wgtn misses u too.
Post a Comment