On Wishing for the Better

I've been checking my posts for the past, well, 2 years and a half, (I used this time date calculator thingy on the internet to calculate how old is my blog and I just found that in 2 months, my blog will be 1000 days old. I should do something special.), ... oh, yeah for the past 2 years and a half, I've never written anything about my birthday. Earlier this week on Tuesday, was my 21st.

...

Ok, it was my 24th.

So, another year before making, in God's will, the Silver Jubilee. I'll leave out the future anticipation for now and let's look back to the past and see if I've done anything I can be proud of.

...

Not my favourite subject for retrospection.

However, it was certainly a better year than before. I think I've become more mature, more intellectual on certain things, better in making decisions, to name a few. Nonetheless, there are things that I would like to see less in me - self-absorption, procastination, ignorance, etc. It is quite common that we, as humans, want to be better everyday. We have idols to inspire us to be better: leaders, visionaries, athletes, fictional characters, friends, etc. I have a fictional character as mine. Hint: he's fluffy heh.

For cliche's sake, what do I wish for my 24th birthday?

I wish to be happy. Ok, that's lame. A real wish, ok, I wish to find a companion. At this point, it's not necessary be a female. Although I'd prefer a girl than another bloke. No, I'm not implying my tendency of being a bisexual. I just wanted to throw that out for the fun of hinting it (Dude, haram do). The wish is to find a companion - a great one. I'd wish it to be a girl, then it'll be super awesome because it's been a while since I had a great company. A girl (or a woman. Since I'm 24 now most probably all females I'll be hanging around with is reaching that threshold) that I'd love to spend my vast priority in life - to adore her, to spoil and to care for.

If it's a bloke, well, to become the wing man - to find the girl, hah. (Chap, if you actually ever read this, know it that it's your job)

In fact, well, I haven't finish university yet. How about we postpone that wish and change it to graduate and finish my academic life for good, in flying colours.

She can wait.

3 comments:

Sha said...

Happy belated birthday to you!!
may you get what you wish for!

and oh yeah,
be careful what you wish for..
who knows what will happen next :P

Anonymous said...

the girl you're looking for, thinks you're as cute and as adorable as ever.. wish i could be her :)

Z said...

wow the anonymous above seem to be hinting at sthg (or someone?). for some reason im feeling excited for you, mister! :P

anyhow, nice ending to the entry. heheh.