I was passing through the living room when my dad was watching the news on the idiot box, I saw a news report on the gathering organized by Gerakan Anti-Samy Vellu, or GAS. Something happened during the gathering, I'm not too sure.
I'm not really a news watcher nor do I read newspaper exclusively. I occasionally caught some glimpses of something on something and casually move on - which glorify my ignorance on local politics (nor exactly I'm a professional on international ones) and nation's top 10 baby dumpers. Hence, as usual, I glimpsed and moved on.
Nevertheless, as that short stint of news exposure lingered inside my head, I thought I should attempt to not appear too ignorant in this entry. I then did a small, no, tiny research what is this all about.
...
Nah, I'll do that later.
That news triggered a quote I once read by Mother Teresa, "I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."
Not that I compare Samy Vellu with war or anything as such. I was just wondering how people can detest an invidual so much that he, as a person, was antied out completely. Maybe at this point, GAS members, if they're reading this, would love to lend me their 497 pages of list of those reasons (and I'm sure that list was done on A3 papers).
Oh by the way, there's Gerakan Anti-Mugilan on Facebook.
I'm okay with anti-crime, anti-corruption, anti-slavery, etc. Wait, no. I'm not. I'm for pro-peace, pro-transparency, pro-equality, etc.
This was also mentioned too in that The Secret book, I think. I don't have that a good memory but I'm pretty sure it's there. Be that as the book may crap be (seriously read this book to a child in Africa and they will grab that book from you and cook it with salty rock for flavour), the more you talk about bad things, eventually bad things will happen to you. Something like, "I don't want to be fat," and saying that a few hundred times, a fatty you will be.
What I'm trying to say is, it is just not that all effective to promote such campaign, even it has a cool acronym. Gerakan Anti-Barisan Nasional or GABAN probably could steer some interest from me at 6-year-old.
GAS just steer the human nature of opposing something, which we tend to do in most cases because it is easier to not like something rather than liking it. Well, maybe, I'm not too sure. Or perhaps, humans tend to say things about what they don't like rather things that they do like. Or maybe something like that saying where we only realize that something is missing when we don't have it anymore.
What I'm trying to say, again, is that fighting to overthrow an individual is a bad, or ugly, message to the kids, or perhaps people in general. The act is short term (it's something like when it is done, you either figure what is next or pick another loser to depose), lack of positive revolution, and demean us as civilized people.
How can I do it better? Well, I don't really know. I'm not an expert in politics nor I think I'm in the position to formulate the world peace guidelines. It's just easier for me to dislike this kind of thing and say something about it, you know?
I'm not really a news watcher nor do I read newspaper exclusively. I occasionally caught some glimpses of something on something and casually move on - which glorify my ignorance on local politics (nor exactly I'm a professional on international ones) and nation's top 10 baby dumpers. Hence, as usual, I glimpsed and moved on.
Nevertheless, as that short stint of news exposure lingered inside my head, I thought I should attempt to not appear too ignorant in this entry. I then did a small, no, tiny research what is this all about.
...
Nah, I'll do that later.
That news triggered a quote I once read by Mother Teresa, "I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."
Not that I compare Samy Vellu with war or anything as such. I was just wondering how people can detest an invidual so much that he, as a person, was antied out completely. Maybe at this point, GAS members, if they're reading this, would love to lend me their 497 pages of list of those reasons (and I'm sure that list was done on A3 papers).
Oh by the way, there's Gerakan Anti-Mugilan on Facebook.
I'm okay with anti-crime, anti-corruption, anti-slavery, etc. Wait, no. I'm not. I'm for pro-peace, pro-transparency, pro-equality, etc.
This was also mentioned too in that The Secret book, I think. I don't have that a good memory but I'm pretty sure it's there. Be that as the book may crap be (seriously read this book to a child in Africa and they will grab that book from you and cook it with salty rock for flavour), the more you talk about bad things, eventually bad things will happen to you. Something like, "I don't want to be fat," and saying that a few hundred times, a fatty you will be.
What I'm trying to say is, it is just not that all effective to promote such campaign, even it has a cool acronym. Gerakan Anti-Barisan Nasional or GABAN probably could steer some interest from me at 6-year-old.
GAS just steer the human nature of opposing something, which we tend to do in most cases because it is easier to not like something rather than liking it. Well, maybe, I'm not too sure. Or perhaps, humans tend to say things about what they don't like rather things that they do like. Or maybe something like that saying where we only realize that something is missing when we don't have it anymore.
What I'm trying to say, again, is that fighting to overthrow an individual is a bad, or ugly, message to the kids, or perhaps people in general. The act is short term (it's something like when it is done, you either figure what is next or pick another loser to depose), lack of positive revolution, and demean us as civilized people.
How can I do it better? Well, I don't really know. I'm not an expert in politics nor I think I'm in the position to formulate the world peace guidelines. It's just easier for me to dislike this kind of thing and say something about it, you know?

3 comments:
The Secret.. haha. penah tgk Chaser's War on Everything, the episode diorg make fun of the secret? try cari kat youtube if u haven't. i find tht very funny :P
watched it! hilarious! am watching some of their other stuffs too. thanks!
Agreed.
I believe there's a lot of value from promoting the values that you want to promote rather than promoting against values that you don't condone.
Back to the half empty half full glass theory?
Post a Comment