Go Green

Have I actually told anyone that I'm actually a green building consultant? I think I did. Just thought I didn't conveyed it well enough. I mean, many may have lost in those bomoh's analogy, high performance building shits, modelling, etc.

To put simply, sure, I'm a green building consultant.

This 'green' label has been quite an 'in' trend going on these days. While money is still some sort of source for higher social status, being 'green' seems to be heading the same direction too. Although I'm speculating that within the origin of this trend, 'green' is just simply an excuse for poor people to have some value in society.

Stranger A: "Why are you walking instead of going by car?"
Green B: "I want to save fuel so that less CO2 is produced and pollute the air."
Traitor C: "Nah, B is broke."
Green B: "F**k you C"

Well, I don't really care really why are you 'green' anyway. The more reason you think you have to be green means better business for my 'green' industry.

But, personally, I don't like the word 'green'. It's misleading and its too trendy to be taken seriously. Not that I don't like the rather 'glamourous' environment I'm living in, but it's just starting to deviate from my core purpose of my work. Well, if you still think I'm actually a green building consultant, you should read the whole entry again, or go back to school and learn to read between the lines.

Nevertheless, I care very little. Ego is a small price to pay to earn my next pay. However, I still wish the small amount of readers here to understand the true meaning of 'green'.

But, there is no true meaning of green anyway except its just a colour used to paint trees or your vommit. And oh it's also a colour typically associted with envy and jealousy (ahh what wonder a simple research could bring).

Let's use Brundtland's idea in 1987, that sustainable development, or perhaps 'green' development, meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generation to meet their own needs.

So.

I'll break the above definition down for you:

1. "..meets the need of present.."
2. "..without compromising the ability of future generation.."
3. "..to meet their own needs.."

Mm, I think i gonna stop here. This is going well for me and my brain is starting to shut down. I'd prefer to continue this when I'm more refreshed.

Until then, go green.

0 comments: