The Science of Romantic Evening

I’ve always been a big believer in numbers. I also take step directions pretty seriously – well, not as in I’d be pissed off if anybody skipped step 2 but I respect the time and effort pulled off by the kind lady who spent countless hours figuring out the simplest way and the most understandable approach to put up a chair from IKEA.

Although this entry is not about step directions – it’s about numbers. Statistic may fall under it but I still don’t have the proper ‘umbrella’ term for the thing I wanted to tell you about. For now, let’s take it as it’s about numbers.

Lux level at your classroom : 400 lux
Lux ratio for highlighting a Mona Lisa on your wall : 10 to 1
Minimum background sound level at your office : 5 dBa

I’m not very sure if these figures even intrigued you in any way. Nevertheless, numbers matter. I hate to spoil your first spark with your girlfriend but romantic settings can be calculated and reinvented. She can experience the same spark with another guy – you just got lucky to run by her that time. Although timing too can be estimated too but I’d prefer not to go too far by saying I can customize fate.

When I’m trying to say here is you can have a romantic dinner by taking care of the followings:

Ambient lux level : 50 lux
Humidity : 45%
Lux ratio of you and the background : 7 to 1
Background music level : 30 dBa

And of course a dozen of other stuffs just to compliment the above factors. Why the above figures matter? Because you probably can only get 50 lux at a secluded away-from-shopping-centres fine dining restaurants. Higher lux level will not keep her relax for too long – lower would just increase her anxiety. Anything above 60% humidity will cause your brain to think this is just another average day and it bores her. 45% will have better probability of making her excited. If the lux ratio is higher, she may have difficulties keeping her focus at you. Anything lower, you’ll be as bland as the tasteless wallpaper they have at the background.

A perfect date?

Maybe, but it helps. If only I have a girl to experiment this with.

P.S. The above specified 'magic' figures are not necessarily justified. I'm too lazy to run a quick research about anything at the moment. Although they may not be too far off though.

0 comments: