Two things: looking back my past entries and my current literature joy.
I just wrote the above just to keep myself on track for what I wish to write about here today.
In my previous entry, when I wrote about what I wanted for 2008, I wished to improve my brain capacity by exercising my daily tasks. I just think it's worth doing it again because I haven't been practising it for so long.
The idea is quite simple really - just learn by heart a list of things to do, up to 10 or more stuffs, for a day that incorporate a route to something. It could be during your walk to your workplace, or going to do the laundry - try to mentally link each activity with one location; newspaper at 7-Eleven, coffee at Kopitiam, dropping clothes at laundry, etc. Then ask yourself these questions; What task follows the newspaper? What to do after laundry? Where to get coffee? And exercise yourself filling up your everyday life with more exciting things to do and try to add more activities as you become more happy going through these stages.
I cheated a bit there by copying what I wrote 4 years ago. But anyway, the point is, I think I wanna try this again. Probably I change the routine a bit because I don't buy newspapers since I can news online, I make my own coffee in my office and there are limited things I can do driving from my home to the office. However, it is a challenge and I'm happy to take it up again.
Now to figure out what I can do along Sungai Besi highway.
Oh, the second part.
I currently read Walking Wisdom by Gotham Chopra (Son of Deepak Chopra if anyone asked). Just passed 3 chapters and I probably could write something about it so far.
Wait.
No I actually didn't want to write about the book. Just the idea of reading a book is somewhat interesting to me.
Wait.
That's not true.
This actually relates to the first item above - filling up my daily activities. Just recently I have filled at least half an hour to read non-work-related non-fiction (because I don't read fiction) books. This is my third book of the past two months - the first two were Green Deen: What Islam Teaches about Protecting the Planet by Ibrahim Abdul-Matin and The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm.
Not an amazing statistic but to me, half an hour a day of literature bliss is like an apple a day for me. Oh, that would be my next plan too.
Now to find consistent supply of fresh fruits near my office.
So message of the day is: feed your brain and it shall make you happy.
I just wrote the above just to keep myself on track for what I wish to write about here today.
In my previous entry, when I wrote about what I wanted for 2008, I wished to improve my brain capacity by exercising my daily tasks. I just think it's worth doing it again because I haven't been practising it for so long.
The idea is quite simple really - just learn by heart a list of things to do, up to 10 or more stuffs, for a day that incorporate a route to something. It could be during your walk to your workplace, or going to do the laundry - try to mentally link each activity with one location; newspaper at 7-Eleven, coffee at Kopitiam, dropping clothes at laundry, etc. Then ask yourself these questions; What task follows the newspaper? What to do after laundry? Where to get coffee? And exercise yourself filling up your everyday life with more exciting things to do and try to add more activities as you become more happy going through these stages.
I cheated a bit there by copying what I wrote 4 years ago. But anyway, the point is, I think I wanna try this again. Probably I change the routine a bit because I don't buy newspapers since I can news online, I make my own coffee in my office and there are limited things I can do driving from my home to the office. However, it is a challenge and I'm happy to take it up again.
Now to figure out what I can do along Sungai Besi highway.
Oh, the second part.
I currently read Walking Wisdom by Gotham Chopra (Son of Deepak Chopra if anyone asked). Just passed 3 chapters and I probably could write something about it so far.
Wait.
No I actually didn't want to write about the book. Just the idea of reading a book is somewhat interesting to me.
Wait.
That's not true.
This actually relates to the first item above - filling up my daily activities. Just recently I have filled at least half an hour to read non-work-related non-fiction (because I don't read fiction) books. This is my third book of the past two months - the first two were Green Deen: What Islam Teaches about Protecting the Planet by Ibrahim Abdul-Matin and The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm.
Not an amazing statistic but to me, half an hour a day of literature bliss is like an apple a day for me. Oh, that would be my next plan too.
Now to find consistent supply of fresh fruits near my office.
So message of the day is: feed your brain and it shall make you happy.

0 comments:
Post a Comment