I Write You Perceive

How far can you tell about a person from the way he writes? Some notable people said that you can tell a lot about a person from the way he or she talks, listen, walk, sit or anything that worth observing for. A dear friend once told me that my writings tell a lot about myself and I wonder whether that's actually true or not. I controlled what I wrote here, paint only pictures I allow people to ponder on, play only the music I wish for them to listen. I'd say that I am a very reserved person, keeping too many things bottled up inside and portraying only things that I think is perhaps necessary for show. So how can people say that they can tell much about us from our writings?

No, I'm not against the possibility. Just wondering.

There's this theory in our writings when we have this tendency of using fewer first person pronouns such as I, me or my, we are putting a psychological distance between ourselves and our stories; as if we don't "own" our message. Another theory that writers who use fewer exclusionary words like but, nor, except , whereas have the tendency of trouble for complex thinking. Both of above are actually presumptions made by some specialists to detect fraud in writings.

Anyway, what "I'm" getting at is that people who love to write (the term writers seems too posh to me now heh) do, at times, leak certain personal trait unconsciously giving away his or her own personal weakness, probably "except" for those professional writers who are extremely alert to every inch of details that they wrote. Thus, I wonder how would it be to read Stephen King's personal diary or blog? Who knows, he might be a very cheerful vulnerable afraid-of-blood-and-ghost love-barbie-dolls kind of person. I'm no Mr King or Mr Grisham or Mr Clancy thus I realize the human me would sometimes be vulnerable to situations leaking away emotions or uncharacteristic behaviours.

Perhaps, a lot can actually be told from the way we write. At least it can be a part of our perceptions through things surrounding us. Then come the way we talk, walk, walk the talk, melepak menapak, tertipu tertipah hahahaha. *Sigh* Is there any needs to perceive anything anyway? Read my blog, you'll see a part of me. Come lets have a conversation, you'll see another side. Quarrel with me and perhaps then you won't do any of above anymore.

"But something happens when you write – something that’s not a normal thing. Whoever I am, when I’m walking around, that’s one person. But somebody else writes the books,"
-Stephen King-

Again, I'm no Mr King.

5 comments:

Miss Aida said...

I believe when you write you do show a part of you. You can't help it, because writing is a personal thing, and if it's devoid from humanity, it's not quite writing now, is it?

NJB said...

i often read ur blog and when i met u, the writings actually justify the writer. but i'd doubt that many would feel the same towards mine. or i may be wrong perhaps?

if so, do i actually am a matured intellectual genius in real life or i write silly things here?

Anonymous said...

bro, at least u write sumthing kan..x der la silly pun..neway everytime ur write sumthing mestilah awak gaining something kan?GUD LUCK then!!!!

NJB said...

ahahahah. i've no idea what's that good luck for- i'm not trying to achieve anything pon. but, thanks nway. :D

Anonymous said...

hahah..salah taip da..nak taip dlm YM tak perasan tertaip dalm nih..nk delete dah terlambat..huhhu..