Have it ever occurred to yourself that you often google (spell check doesn't approve this but I reckon you'd understand anyway) something that is far away relevant to your life? From the personal life of Paul Hewson, lead singer of U2, to the historical background of the newly elected US president, Barack Obama. Well, if not, mm, it's just me then. Hence, I believe I'm currently experiencing symptoms for Information Fatigue Syndrome (IFS).
I'm not even sure whether it is a real disease anyway. Although the point that I'm not interested to look more into it does mean that I'm not actually having this syndrome. Maybe.
Fast internet, global information age and people everywhere around the world, from professional writer to personal 'sharing is caring' blogger and uploaders have brought us here knowing so much more things in 5 years than a whole lifetime of a modest scholar of the 19th century. We can catch the latest episodes of Heroes as soon as it comes out on Tuesday evening, grab the latest celebrity gossips from Yahoo (or perhaps our own for us Malaysians here in Wellington heheh Gossip Girl style), the latest score from the NBA, etc.
Information is easy to get. Are we fed accordingly? If information were food, shouldn't you be fat now? I bet Einstein would be a pig. Hm, nah it doesn't work that way. Information, good or bad is still knowledge. Whether worth having or not is really up to the universe to set us up. Stupid? Nope. Just knowing things that's not relevant to the things around you. Well, maybe, there are people that are really hopelessly unintelligent.
Oh, the reason I wrote this is from my current mild fixation towards political blog, mainly Mahathir and Anwar, and several others, Ahmadinejad as most recent. I read, I tried to understand, confused, none of them is relevant to my current being anyway, but it may be relevant to my future self, but there are more other things that are more relevant, but I kept on reading.
Because knowledge is good, so I just knew.
I'm not even sure whether it is a real disease anyway. Although the point that I'm not interested to look more into it does mean that I'm not actually having this syndrome. Maybe.
Fast internet, global information age and people everywhere around the world, from professional writer to personal 'sharing is caring' blogger and uploaders have brought us here knowing so much more things in 5 years than a whole lifetime of a modest scholar of the 19th century. We can catch the latest episodes of Heroes as soon as it comes out on Tuesday evening, grab the latest celebrity gossips from Yahoo (or perhaps our own for us Malaysians here in Wellington heheh Gossip Girl style), the latest score from the NBA, etc.
Information is easy to get. Are we fed accordingly? If information were food, shouldn't you be fat now? I bet Einstein would be a pig. Hm, nah it doesn't work that way. Information, good or bad is still knowledge. Whether worth having or not is really up to the universe to set us up. Stupid? Nope. Just knowing things that's not relevant to the things around you. Well, maybe, there are people that are really hopelessly unintelligent.
Oh, the reason I wrote this is from my current mild fixation towards political blog, mainly Mahathir and Anwar, and several others, Ahmadinejad as most recent. I read, I tried to understand, confused, none of them is relevant to my current being anyway, but it may be relevant to my future self, but there are more other things that are more relevant, but I kept on reading.
Because knowledge is good, so I just knew.

1 comments:
I think trivia makes people interesting.
Why shouldn't you know random facts, like all the embryos of tiger sharks fight each other to the death in the mother's womb, and only the winner will be born?
...
Post a Comment