Lesson in life can come to you at any time and any place of the day. It comes when you're watching a crappy show on local television, when you overheard the couple behind you talking when you're queuing for coffee, or just simply from a nice conversation with a dear friend.
Parents are the major contributor for our lesson in life. How to tie our shoes, courtesy of respect, looking left and right before crossing the roads, etc. A few can come from friends, relatives, strangers, billboards, reading materials, radio and so many other sources you can possibly find. A catch phrase perhaps can really grasp your attention and I have been wondering about one to its deepest possible meaning.
Doing things for the right reason.
It's a decision making kind of issue. It's almost similar to the means justify the ends thingy. Yet I can't get this one out of my head for quite some time. Not that I'm in the midst of making any life defining decision (or actually I am or we all are every single fricking day). It's merely some thoughts surrounding the concept. Too many decisions made based on initial objectives or end-product dependent. The question of why is most of the time directed towards the planning stage or simply the intention itself. How about working on the majority votes; the right intention, the wrong process but the right end-result? How about the wrong intention but the right process and the right finished product?
I'm hoping to do things for the right reason. From its core purpose, to its concluding result, regardless to my benefit or not.
A simple life lesson to learn and I'm so far away from adult maturity. Boy.
Parents are the major contributor for our lesson in life. How to tie our shoes, courtesy of respect, looking left and right before crossing the roads, etc. A few can come from friends, relatives, strangers, billboards, reading materials, radio and so many other sources you can possibly find. A catch phrase perhaps can really grasp your attention and I have been wondering about one to its deepest possible meaning.
Doing things for the right reason.
It's a decision making kind of issue. It's almost similar to the means justify the ends thingy. Yet I can't get this one out of my head for quite some time. Not that I'm in the midst of making any life defining decision (or actually I am or we all are every single fricking day). It's merely some thoughts surrounding the concept. Too many decisions made based on initial objectives or end-product dependent. The question of why is most of the time directed towards the planning stage or simply the intention itself. How about working on the majority votes; the right intention, the wrong process but the right end-result? How about the wrong intention but the right process and the right finished product?
I'm hoping to do things for the right reason. From its core purpose, to its concluding result, regardless to my benefit or not.
A simple life lesson to learn and I'm so far away from adult maturity. Boy.

4 comments:
Doing things for the right reason.
I always see it as a shout that we should do things because we want to, not because we have to. Ikhlas?
In an ideal world, when we're sincere, we will do it in the best way possible - the right means to reach the right end.
Personally, I feel that when we do something wrong babe, nothing justifies it. That is why it's wrong in the first place :)
My dua cent setengah lah :P
the question of want or have is a tricky one. the needs are often easily manipulated and possibly context-dependent. which i hardly can tell what i really want and what i really have to do.
i'm quite optimistic, or probably just in denial. i want to do the wrong things for the right reason and the right result. heheh.
"Once you step on the wrong footing, it will never be right." -Liz's Mom
I'm still figuring out that statement, what it means and how far its true...
;p
I'm not sure bout doing the wrong things for the right reason and risght result.. i mean 2 rights does not always compensate a wrong. ;p
perhaps. heh.
Post a Comment