Dan Brown's Deception Point

I just finished reading Dan Brown's Deception Point - my second completely read novel of all time, and more to come. Well, not that I have grown to attach with this type of literature. Maybe the abundance of time that I currently have opens myself to new things. Nevertheless, I pretty much enjoyed it. It's a good read.

Okay. To review the book with just "it's a good read" is an insult to my hommies Dan and to my own level of writing. Not that I attempted to hint that I'm a good writer. I am, in fact, mediocre but with occasional Pulitzer-quality performance.

Maybe just one or two times.

Anyway, let me start this by telling you what the book is all about. I gonna try this with a football game analogy. Boy, I hope it works.

Politics is the stadium, or perhaps the playing field itself. The players consist of politicians (of course), an intelligence analyst, science people which include space researchers, iceberg nerds, soldiers, etc. I can't reveal all the details of the story is it's just gonna spoil your own experience if you're going to read this later.

But what I like most about this story is that how each of these players played a crucial part in determining the end score results of the game. Sometimes the ball landed on the geologist feet and he then made significant plays that changed the flow of the game. The politicians sometimes were clueless without the ball but apparently the fate of their future was heavily dependent to what's going on at the other side of the field. Occasionally, a small wind gust could help the ball movement around the park to whichever sides that can benefit from it. Every bits and pieces of what's happening around the stadium was significant.

Well, basically that's how I see it anyway. There's a lot more people involved around the story. I mean, well, there's an amazing discovery made by NASA and a lot of people are both benefiting and losing from this world-changing breakthrough. Stakeholders include the politicians (again), private space companies, backed-by-the-government science organizations, and humanity in general. There, a lit bit of information for you guys. It doesn't reveal anything important. I just wanted to make the book seems cooler.

I like this better than the Da Vinci Code. Maybe because it involves things that I like - politics and science. Both together and not individually. Shall I give a star rating?

Maybe 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Toots said...

Angels and Demons, the best by far! Try reading it :)

NJB said...

next in queue! :D