Tool Up, Honey Bunny

Here I am again making another unnecessary reviews on movies. Seriously, I got to get myself to write about something else! I mean, well, not that I haven't done anything else worthy to blog about. Maybe I'm just lazy. And the easiest stuff to write about is, for me at least, movie reviews.

It was Thursday last week and I forced my sister to come along and watch Kick-Ass with me (she only watches movies on Wednesdays). The movie poster doesn't do the actual movie justice. The trailers, well, not too bad. The movie? The title itself is possibly self-explanatory. Yes, it does kick ass, a lot of it, mine, my sister's and everyone else in the cinema.

I felt the beginning of the movie is kinda Spiderman-ish. I mean, it's not bad. It's good in its own way - witty, fun and all those deep-about-superhero-philosophy thingy. Some might feel bored about it 'cause you know, we all have had enough of that 'with no power comes with no responsibility' shit, or something like that. Spiderman did it, Batman too and Superman as well. They all are just complex insecure steel-on-the-outside-and-faggot-inside heroes. Kick-Ass may or may not fall under those categories. It's up to you. I don't think so for me anyway.

Just as the movie goes on, the true worth of the movie starts to unfold. It's pretty cool for Nick Cage to take a small yet significant role in this film. His character and his daughter possibly make up for the whole kickassness of the movie. Hit Girl got to be the coolest superhero ever. Well that’s a bit of an overstatement – there’s Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man (why not Ironman?), Optimus Prime and the list goes on. Nevertheless, I believe Hit Girl is able to turn men into pedophiles. Yes, it is that sick.

The movie is fresh, exciting and potentially my best movie of the year.

Iron Man 2? Well, I went and watched the movie the day after. I know it’s Friday but who cares I got a free ticket. And owh the movie is alright. Robert was great in the movie as always. Agent Romanoff is hot. Pepper Potts is sweet as ever. I kinda disappointed they removed the 'you complete me' scene at the beginning of the movie. Don Cheadle should have been Rhodey in the first movie. Hadron collider, really, Tony? I hope Thor will come out as good as this movie.

Nevertheless, I still walked out the movie humming The Dickies' Banana Splits.

1 comments:

roe said...

How dare you talk about Iron Man 2 like that!