It has been a couple of times, or maybe a lot more, that I have set myself in front of the computer, and tried to put in an entry - as evidently so, none were successful. I have been through this phase quite a lot and the reason being is still the same - why bother?
I have managed to put in 217,532 words since this blog was created. I have spent approximately 2,049 hours on putting up those words, including research and multiple drafts. Although the numbers mentioned was never actually proven, it does not change the following - that I do think I have written quite a lot.
Relatively, to many of other amateur writers, this is pretty much nothing really.
It's not about the quantity, or at least, alone.
Mine is not very quality either - and that may be the issue. Quality is when words manage to influence lives. How to know when our product is of high quality? The number of lives influenced determines the quality of the words. Hence, quantity does matter.
What I'm trying to say here is that it doesn't matter how frequent I put up an entry here. It's about the quality. However, since I've been very quiet for the past 3 years, I'm losing audiences and hence, there's no point of having quality if there's no one to appreciate it.
The number of this blog visitors has declined an average 23% a month for the past 38 months. Why? Because consistency is problem. Quantity does matter.
People in general does not seek quality all the time. That part is subjective to their own perception. Productivity is key. Hardwork is a significant factor. People in general enjoy being in luxury - to have the freedom of choices.
I have no where to go here. I'm just putting up words.
And by the way, none of the numbers quoted above are justified.
I have managed to put in 217,532 words since this blog was created. I have spent approximately 2,049 hours on putting up those words, including research and multiple drafts. Although the numbers mentioned was never actually proven, it does not change the following - that I do think I have written quite a lot.
Relatively, to many of other amateur writers, this is pretty much nothing really.
It's not about the quantity, or at least, alone.
Mine is not very quality either - and that may be the issue. Quality is when words manage to influence lives. How to know when our product is of high quality? The number of lives influenced determines the quality of the words. Hence, quantity does matter.
What I'm trying to say here is that it doesn't matter how frequent I put up an entry here. It's about the quality. However, since I've been very quiet for the past 3 years, I'm losing audiences and hence, there's no point of having quality if there's no one to appreciate it.
The number of this blog visitors has declined an average 23% a month for the past 38 months. Why? Because consistency is problem. Quantity does matter.
People in general does not seek quality all the time. That part is subjective to their own perception. Productivity is key. Hardwork is a significant factor. People in general enjoy being in luxury - to have the freedom of choices.
I have no where to go here. I'm just putting up words.
And by the way, none of the numbers quoted above are justified.

0 comments:
Post a Comment