Save Money Save Planet

My car runs on average of 7.3 litres per 100km or 13.7km per litre of petrol.

I travel on average of 80km of distance a day - which can be translated to 5.84 litres of petrol daily.

My cost for petrol a day is approximately RM11 - excluding wear and tear factor.

Should I drive a 2.0l car that runs at approximately 10 litres per 100km, my daily petrol cost would be RM15.

That's RM4 difference daily, or RM1,460 a year.

My car's carbon emission rate is approximately 162g per km travelled.

My carbon footprint from travelling is about 13kg of CO2-e a day, or 4.7 metric tonnes a year.

If I drive my hypothetical 2.0l car, my carbon footprint would have been 6.3 metric tonnes a year.

In summary, I, hypothetically, save RM1,460 and 1.6 metric tonnes of CO2-e a year.

Save money. Save planet.

This entry is written via iPhone. I might save some CO2 too for not using my laptop.

0 comments: