Back around 153 B.C., Janus, a legendary God from the Roman mythology, was placed at the head of the calendar (whatever that means). The two faces Roman God looking in opposite direction symbolizes of looking back on past events and forward to the future and become the ancient symbol of resolutions as many Romans seek for forgiveness from their enemies and exchange gifts before the beginning of the year. It was during the year 46 B.C., Julius Caesar introduced the Julian Calendar, which was later developed to Gregorian Calendar we widely use today, when January was accepted as the beginning month of a year, named after Janus; the God of gates, doorways, the beginning and the ending.
(Source: Wikipedia)
2007. Interesting. It's the end of the previous year and the beginning of a new chapter in the Gregorian Calendar. What door would 2007 opens for me and where would it lead me to? Some people do some introspections during this time of the year. How were they doing during the past years and what can they do for the coming episodes in their lives. I am one of these many people. Well, I am talking about the major introspection. Not the kind that you have when you're in the toilet! This is about the New Year's resolutions. The real deal.
There are many things I wish to improve in my lives. So many I couldn't choose which one to start to think about. Having many imperfections and weaknesses in life, how one could not lose its self-worthy of him or herself and thus, start leaking some self-respect and confidence. This is not necessarily a major breakdown but somehow, at the age of 21 or even as you grow older, we are getting more particular about how we turn out into, as a human being.
A question that usually pops up in my head is, "How are things that are matter to me at the moment?" Ahh, tricky. What are things that matter to me anyway? What was it before and how will it change in the future? How are they? Family, love life, social relationship and activities, education, finance, self-esteem, sports and hobbies, etc. Every bit of these are important for many human beings on this planet. Priority which usually distinguishes these people from one another. Thus, I have yet to decide how my priority would be. 2007 is about less than an hour away. I'm turning 22 in June this year. I envy my friends of my age who seem to be doing very well in their lives; studies, love life, social, etc. I do realize there are among them who're actually less fortunate than I am because I sense some response that sounds kinda like "Aww come on your life is not that bad," and stuffs as such. I'm no pessimist, but I don't want to be among those wishful thinking people as well. Aim high some people say.
My wish for 2007? I want to enjoy things that are matter to me as much as I can. The more common phrase would be 'Enjoy life to the fullest', but how is mine different? Things that matter to me that makes the difference and I hope you're in it as well. Thank you 2006 and I wish you all a great new year of 2007.
(Source: Wikipedia)
2007. Interesting. It's the end of the previous year and the beginning of a new chapter in the Gregorian Calendar. What door would 2007 opens for me and where would it lead me to? Some people do some introspections during this time of the year. How were they doing during the past years and what can they do for the coming episodes in their lives. I am one of these many people. Well, I am talking about the major introspection. Not the kind that you have when you're in the toilet! This is about the New Year's resolutions. The real deal.
There are many things I wish to improve in my lives. So many I couldn't choose which one to start to think about. Having many imperfections and weaknesses in life, how one could not lose its self-worthy of him or herself and thus, start leaking some self-respect and confidence. This is not necessarily a major breakdown but somehow, at the age of 21 or even as you grow older, we are getting more particular about how we turn out into, as a human being.
A question that usually pops up in my head is, "How are things that are matter to me at the moment?" Ahh, tricky. What are things that matter to me anyway? What was it before and how will it change in the future? How are they? Family, love life, social relationship and activities, education, finance, self-esteem, sports and hobbies, etc. Every bit of these are important for many human beings on this planet. Priority which usually distinguishes these people from one another. Thus, I have yet to decide how my priority would be. 2007 is about less than an hour away. I'm turning 22 in June this year. I envy my friends of my age who seem to be doing very well in their lives; studies, love life, social, etc. I do realize there are among them who're actually less fortunate than I am because I sense some response that sounds kinda like "Aww come on your life is not that bad," and stuffs as such. I'm no pessimist, but I don't want to be among those wishful thinking people as well. Aim high some people say.
My wish for 2007? I want to enjoy things that are matter to me as much as I can. The more common phrase would be 'Enjoy life to the fullest', but how is mine different? Things that matter to me that makes the difference and I hope you're in it as well. Thank you 2006 and I wish you all a great new year of 2007.

0 comments:
Post a Comment