Woah.
At last, a mood to update this blog. Nevertheless, I have yet to come with anything interesting-for-me to write about nowadays. Owh wait, recently I've made this habit of bookmarking pages that I sort of find somewhat fascinating. So, a few days ago, I came across an article from Berita Harian Online; "Amaran Kepada Penulis Blog", or in English, "You Bloggers Watchout or Die".
Well, to put in simple words, if you're not careful with what you write in your blog, particularly if it regards politics, religious, etc, you can go to jail. Freedom of speech. Tricky. Some stuffs that came into mind; Denmark, South Park, MalaysiaKini, Bloggers, etc.
I just recalled an episode from The Simpsons Series Episode 22 Season 15; "Fraudcast News". Ah yes, I actually remembered which episode was it. Apparently if you watch The Simpsons everyday everytime during lunch, dinner or lupper (Homer discovered a new meal), yes you can actually remember such details, sadly. Anyway, this particular episode portrays Mr. Burns as the mass media monopolist controling the information wave in Springfield. What you see on TV, what you listen on the radio, what you read from the newspaper, are all manipulated in objective to control the amount of information you can have and lure your perceptive minds to the monopolist advantages. Interestingly enough, you'd never realize such devil's scheme, like ever. However, when some small timers emerge from the deep mass media empire, bloggers particularly, information monopolists are at risk of extinction. I am not implying that the government's warning against bloggers is objected to preserve such surviving species. I am not implying anything actually at the moment.
Apparently, a while ago, I took a short few hours break before I continue to complete this blog entry and somehow, I forgot what's the point of me writing this. Anyway, before I leave this, something to ponder about;
In the mean time, enjoy your Sunday people!
At last, a mood to update this blog. Nevertheless, I have yet to come with anything interesting-for-me to write about nowadays. Owh wait, recently I've made this habit of bookmarking pages that I sort of find somewhat fascinating. So, a few days ago, I came across an article from Berita Harian Online; "Amaran Kepada Penulis Blog", or in English, "You Bloggers Watchout or Die".
"KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Razak malam tadi menegaskan pengendali dan penulis laman blog yang membangkitkan isu berbau perkauman atau menghina agama tidak akan terlepas daripada dikenakan tindakan undang-undang. Timbalan Perdana Menteri berkata, kebebasan menulis atau memberi pandangan ada hadnya dan kerajaan tidak akan membiarkan mana-mana pihak mengganggu gugat perpaduan negara serta menimbulkan keresahan di kalangan masyarakat. Mereka mesti bertanggungjawab sepenuhnya kepada laman web mereka dan tidak menganggap sikap toleransi kerajaan sebagai lesen untuk menyiarkan apa saja atas nama kebebasan bersuara tanpa memikirkan kesannya kepada masyarakat."-Retrieved from Berita Harian Online at 24 July 2007-
Well, to put in simple words, if you're not careful with what you write in your blog, particularly if it regards politics, religious, etc, you can go to jail. Freedom of speech. Tricky. Some stuffs that came into mind; Denmark, South Park, MalaysiaKini, Bloggers, etc.
"Najib dalam ucapannya menjelaskan perkembangan mendadak teknologi komunikasi menyebabkan media cetak dan elektronik kini bukan lagi menjadi pembekal tunggal maklumat."
I just recalled an episode from The Simpsons Series Episode 22 Season 15; "Fraudcast News". Ah yes, I actually remembered which episode was it. Apparently if you watch The Simpsons everyday everytime during lunch, dinner or lupper (Homer discovered a new meal), yes you can actually remember such details, sadly. Anyway, this particular episode portrays Mr. Burns as the mass media monopolist controling the information wave in Springfield. What you see on TV, what you listen on the radio, what you read from the newspaper, are all manipulated in objective to control the amount of information you can have and lure your perceptive minds to the monopolist advantages. Interestingly enough, you'd never realize such devil's scheme, like ever. However, when some small timers emerge from the deep mass media empire, bloggers particularly, information monopolists are at risk of extinction. I am not implying that the government's warning against bloggers is objected to preserve such surviving species. I am not implying anything actually at the moment.
Apparently, a while ago, I took a short few hours break before I continue to complete this blog entry and somehow, I forgot what's the point of me writing this. Anyway, before I leave this, something to ponder about;
"Bloggers put much more of a premium on understanding the medium rather than joining in,"-Kevin Madden, US Republican Spokesperson for Mitt Romney, 2007-
In the mean time, enjoy your Sunday people!

2 comments:
lol! i really need to beware of my words on my blog! lol
selalu kritik org melayu~
ahahahah. just a small challenge in fighting for ur own freedom of speech. anwar got jailed, bashed, kicked, sued, and all the horrible stuffs in the world. yet, he's still now standing strong preaching to the world of what he believes is right.
ur choice. we're still kids. grownups are boring. XD
Post a Comment