I'm bored. I really am. I used to enjoy doing nothing. Sitting around on the porch, walking aimlessly down the Esplanade, Alamanda, drive to nowhere around this kampung Bandar Baru Bangi, etc. During my younger days, boring was like a myth to me. Something that I often heard of but never actually came across to me. It was like my impression on ghosts. I heard about it so much that it's weird it never actually happens to me heads on. Not that I'm wishing, or too curious to meet them on a late night in the middle of a silent deserted small town road (This actually happened and I am grateful that it was a safe half an hour full of suspenses journey). It's like, when it happens, so be it. It probably will suck, but so be it and take it like a man - or a half-matured young adult, heh.
Owh yea, I was saying that I'm bored.
Well, it's not that I couldn't find any kind of entertainment around. It is, sadly, my choice to be so. Why? For several reasons that I most probably won't just easily confide to the general public. You know, it's rather intriguing that when we, or maybe I should stick to 'I', have reach a certain level of boredom, I tend to become more sensitive to my surroundings. Sounds become noisier. Vision become more clearer. The air I breathe become more distinctive. I tend to notice small things around me and the brain actually comprehended (what's the past tense for this word ah?) that these ordinary everyday stuffs are somehow interesting.
This morning when I picked up my 6 years old sister from her kindergarten, right after she stepped into the car, I suddenly noticed some funky smell coming out of her. I asked whether she was playing with paint or some stale/rotten/out-of-date dairy product somewhere during her class sessions. Nope. It was her natural body odour as she described it.
The same thing happened when I then went to pick up my 10 years old brother from his school.
I shouted, metaphorically heh. I am, nevertheless, in shock. Well that is rather exaggerated and too melodramatic. Mm, I would say, I am intrigued by this new finding of mine that I'm starting to lose some of my tolerances for these silly things in life. I'm starting to become bored of things. I'm starting to sense some intolerable smell. I'm starting to care about my surroundings in some sort of ways. Annoyance, agitated, envy, humility, etc.
I'm starting to feel.
Yey.
Owh yea, I was saying that I'm bored.
Well, it's not that I couldn't find any kind of entertainment around. It is, sadly, my choice to be so. Why? For several reasons that I most probably won't just easily confide to the general public. You know, it's rather intriguing that when we, or maybe I should stick to 'I', have reach a certain level of boredom, I tend to become more sensitive to my surroundings. Sounds become noisier. Vision become more clearer. The air I breathe become more distinctive. I tend to notice small things around me and the brain actually comprehended (what's the past tense for this word ah?) that these ordinary everyday stuffs are somehow interesting.
This morning when I picked up my 6 years old sister from her kindergarten, right after she stepped into the car, I suddenly noticed some funky smell coming out of her. I asked whether she was playing with paint or some stale/rotten/out-of-date dairy product somewhere during her class sessions. Nope. It was her natural body odour as she described it.
The same thing happened when I then went to pick up my 10 years old brother from his school.
I shouted, metaphorically heh. I am, nevertheless, in shock. Well that is rather exaggerated and too melodramatic. Mm, I would say, I am intrigued by this new finding of mine that I'm starting to lose some of my tolerances for these silly things in life. I'm starting to become bored of things. I'm starting to sense some intolerable smell. I'm starting to care about my surroundings in some sort of ways. Annoyance, agitated, envy, humility, etc.
I'm starting to feel.
Yey.

4 comments:
Funny how you become more sensitive to the little things around you.
the funny thing is (for me lah at least heh) everyone else already seems to be expressing these feelings of tak tahan bau busuk, annoyance for late food services, carut at other reckless drivers on the road, etc. i never felt all that, until recently.
i'm just starting to grow up, perhaps?
Abg Jibby : NI naper danial pun bau busuk gak cam cintan niii??? *shouting, metaphorically*
Cintan : Silence! I kill you! *angkat kening*
hahaha
I hoped Intan says tat, it'll b very cuteeee of her! (And smart) LOL
hahah..hurmm..at least u becomemore alert to ur surrounding now..biase la budak skola kan..i'm a teacher..so i really glad if all my pupils have a brother like u..lucky ur adik la
Post a Comment