What's Next?

I just turned 25.

I have a wish made around the same date last year. I postponed it for another priority. That priority has now passed and done.

Should that wish now climb up on the to-do list?

Perhaps, the wish never did fall from its original place. It has always been there on top of my head. It's not like I wished for a carrot and I can just go to a store and get it - well, buy it with money - and I have to know which store to go that has fresh looking and tasty carrots - and cheap too if possible because money is not unlimited - unless that carrot gives eternal happiness - as long it's within my spending ability.

It's just not like a carrot, to a certain extent.

It has been always on the side of life. It was there when I was on a queue to buy a cup of coffee. It was there when I was sitting in the park enjoying my sushi. It was there when I stopped by a cupcake store.

It's not exactly a wish, really.

Nor I shouldn't have brought it up as a wish. Just a momentary relapse of strong will, especially in time of retrospection - such as about this day.

I am now 25.

Compared to last year, I do think I have not changed that much, as a human being. I mean, I did improved on certain areas, I think, but along the way, as old bad habits eventually gone, I gained other new ones.

It's inevitable I suppose. The nature of our lives is that we continuously learning and fixing ourselves - unless you're a super perfect human being, regular maintenance is sufficient.

Hence, wishing to be a better person is pointless. It is an ongoing practice of us as human beings. Maybe it's okay for specific objectives, i.e. wishing to be a crime fighting super hero.

I'm not very sure where I'm going with this. Maybe I just wanted to exercise my thoughts to come up with a better life objective for this coming chapter of my life.

At the moment, I just wish to get a job.

If you know any architecture/building/construction R&D jobs available anywhere, let me know.

0 comments: