Be Great

I have written a particular paragraph back in 2009. But not as the core focus of the entry but merely a supporting entity of another entirely different subject.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others,
I shall avoid sourcing the above paragraph for several no-need-to-mention reasons. At this day and age, you can google it yourself to find the source - if you can't, just ask a 16-year old IT whiz kid to do it for you.

Anyway.

Today, this entry is entirely about the above paragraph - well, actually I first heard about the above from a basketball-themed movie, Coach Carter. Good movie, for a basketballer at least. Oh recently I watched Horrible Bosses - it was good, please go watch/download/purchase original/pirated dvd/blueray disc.

I don't think I'm the type that is comfortable to be in a spotlight. I usually will shy away. I'm always all for group stuffs, i.e. team sports - maybe mostly because I'm not good in any individual sports - except chess (nerd!).

But funnily enough I strived in chess when I was in a good team rather than playing on my own. This is a little bit complicated to explain how chess can be a team but we can talk about this later. Plus it was during primary school. Hence, kids stories are irrelevant, or just plain stupid.

Anyway, I like to blend in the group rather than standing above others. Sure, in my high school resume, I seemed to be a leader of many sorts. In reality, I was just the dependable type rather than a leading type.

I shall skip to explain on what's the different between the two above types. Not gonna waste my time elaborating unnecessary stuffs (except this sentence).

To put simply, modesty is overrated.

Well, maybe lets keep the good value of modesty in ourselves.

Nevertheless, to a certain context, by letting ourselves go and shine as bright as we wanted to be, we automatically allow others to do the same. I know its nothing different from what was written up there but how about this - by modestly keep your lights on with fear that it might blind others, you're setting a modest standard to light shining.

Ah crap.

I really don't know how to tell this story better. Have my writing skill deteriorates over this few months?

All I want to say here is that I want and will be the greatest in what I do. I will not lose to anyone (should there's any competition) and I will let everyone knows that I'm the best in what I do (again, repeating without improving the original sentence sheesh).

By doing that, you shall do the same. Probably in whatever you do and hoping its not the same as mine. But if its the same, keep your nose clean because you gonna spend a lot of time trailing my a**.

Well, that's not nice. I'm doing this all wrong.

Just be great - voila!

0 comments: