Minimalistic

I think, possibly, I want to be simple. I am complicated to a certain extent, I think, in certain many situations. Mostly, thinking wise, then into decisions and afterward not-necessarily-well-thought actions. Ah, why bother.

Anyway, sports.

I went to Westpac Stadium this morning to watch the football team LA Galaxy practice for tomorrow's game against Wellington Phoenix. Well, I didn't bought the ticket for the actual official match so watching them practice is good enough. It's free anyway. David Beckham was there. Landon Donovan, Cobi Jones and the legendary Ruud Gullit (I think because I believe he changed his hairstyle). It was fun watching a high level football team plays with outstanding players such as mentioned, except Ruud since he's the coach. It got me thinking though, I'm not an avid football fan. I just have general interest in sports and having to watch world class players on the pitch is something very inspiring for me. Rugby; Carlos Spencer, Brian O' Driscoll, Richie McCaw, Baseball; Ichiro Suzuki, American Football; Peyton Manning, Reggie Bush. Yet, I find myself drifting away from my own main sport. It's been such a long while since I last went and play proper basketball. Although, my knee doesn't help me much in motivating me to continue and play this favourite sport of mine. Watching the LA Galaxy this morning, I realized just how much I would really love to watch world class basketball teams play; Spain, Greece, USA with exceptional players like Juan Carlos Navarro, Theodores Papaloukas, Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, Dwayne Wade and my all-time favourite, Peja Stojakovic. Apparently I hardly spend much on basketball substances, like buying jerseys, fancy shoes, posters and stuffs. I have no idea why. Sometimes I do question whether do I really like basketball. Heck, I love this game to bits. I won't want to question my loyalty to this sport.

I wish to pick myself up back for this game. I need find that long-gone enthusiasm of mine and start moving my lazy feet back into the court. Playing basketball in Wellington ain't that much fun, or I'm just too lazy to work my ways to make it enjoyable. Thus, rusty I have become. Owh, I just found out that there's a basketball tournament in the city tomorrow. I should check that out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...you ain't lazy,it's only that you 're a loner.I bet you would rather 've the game to yourself than share it with others.You re in your own world even if you re with people.Fancy me...you re not aware of that.

NJB said...

smart. i cant defend myself when my subconscious mind is questioned. i kinda disagree, but who knows, maybe i'm not that well aware of what i do. cheers.

Anonymous said...

Dude...after readin' ur blog for the past couples of months...come to think of it...yeah...yeahh...i still feel ur are what ur subconconcious mind tells you to do.Even look at ur photo...open but yet....closin' slowly ...movin' away. well you re what you are...nothin' wrong with that man...you've every inch of right to be what you want to be...anyway I've favorited you so many times..so I'll be back...Cheers.

Anonymous said...

maybe u need some get away, fresh environment. i agree with the other comments above :p

Anonymous said...

bro test laa game ni kalo peminat basket :P

http://www.cyberdunk.com/?ref=395625

NJB said...

wah. tried it. nice. thanks man. aku taruk name najib carlos. wahahahah. best2