It is now officially 2008 and yes, I had a few rehearsals to prep myself before stepping into this new beginning invented under the Gregorian calendar. Not that I was too busy with myself until that it has been so long since I last updated this blog. Yet, who cares anyway.
Last year, at this exact date, I wrote about the history of Janus, introspection and the wish for the coming new long year. Ironically, to sum up this recent past year, it occurred to me that I have done too much of learning histories that is nothing near necessary in my life, thinking too much of pointless things that it weight too heavy for my healthy burden and accumulating quite a high ratio of wishing over adequate actions. Will it be different this year? Yes, and that has been the same thing that has been going on and on for the past few mature years of mine. We improve lives and not just starting from the first day of a year, it can be during the first day in a week or even the first second of a day. We improve lives as much as we can as often as possible. Yet, no this phrase is not and never adequate for us to turn our lives around.
How do you see your own life? What kind of metaphor do you tend to use to mirror yourselves in? For instance, do you see yourself as a painting; from a white clear canvas you have drawn and colour yourself up into something like a fine Van Gogh masterpiece in the making, or a highway where you're in a car driving on the road that may direct you in several possibilities of direction of events, or a frying pan where you cook a nice meal sprinkling with sugar and spices to prepare the final exemplary meal perfect for God in the after-life.
I will keep my own thoughts and perspective in life to myself. I am happy to share them with you over a nice cup of teh tarik fit on a nice small round table with 2 or 3000 stools. Coffee is nice as well and a nice small puff pastry would be excellent.
For now, as it may benefit you readers greatly, I have found an excellent way to improve your brain power, which I took from Reader's Digest published for December 2007. Learn by heart a list of things to do, up to 10 or more jobs, for a day that incorporate a route to something. It could be during your walk to your workplace, or going to do the laundry - try to mentally link each activity with one location; newspaper at 7-Eleven, coffee at Kopitiam, dropping clothes at laundry, etc. Then ask yourself these questions; What task follows the newspaper? What to do after laundry? Where to get coffee? And exercise yourself filling up your everyday life with more exciting things to do and try to add more activities as you become more happy going through these stages. I have not try this yet. So, come my friends and join me to improve our lives better everyday.
Have fun and I wish you all a great new year of 2008.
Last year, at this exact date, I wrote about the history of Janus, introspection and the wish for the coming new long year. Ironically, to sum up this recent past year, it occurred to me that I have done too much of learning histories that is nothing near necessary in my life, thinking too much of pointless things that it weight too heavy for my healthy burden and accumulating quite a high ratio of wishing over adequate actions. Will it be different this year? Yes, and that has been the same thing that has been going on and on for the past few mature years of mine. We improve lives and not just starting from the first day of a year, it can be during the first day in a week or even the first second of a day. We improve lives as much as we can as often as possible. Yet, no this phrase is not and never adequate for us to turn our lives around.
How do you see your own life? What kind of metaphor do you tend to use to mirror yourselves in? For instance, do you see yourself as a painting; from a white clear canvas you have drawn and colour yourself up into something like a fine Van Gogh masterpiece in the making, or a highway where you're in a car driving on the road that may direct you in several possibilities of direction of events, or a frying pan where you cook a nice meal sprinkling with sugar and spices to prepare the final exemplary meal perfect for God in the after-life.
I will keep my own thoughts and perspective in life to myself. I am happy to share them with you over a nice cup of teh tarik fit on a nice small round table with 2 or 3000 stools. Coffee is nice as well and a nice small puff pastry would be excellent.
For now, as it may benefit you readers greatly, I have found an excellent way to improve your brain power, which I took from Reader's Digest published for December 2007. Learn by heart a list of things to do, up to 10 or more jobs, for a day that incorporate a route to something. It could be during your walk to your workplace, or going to do the laundry - try to mentally link each activity with one location; newspaper at 7-Eleven, coffee at Kopitiam, dropping clothes at laundry, etc. Then ask yourself these questions; What task follows the newspaper? What to do after laundry? Where to get coffee? And exercise yourself filling up your everyday life with more exciting things to do and try to add more activities as you become more happy going through these stages. I have not try this yet. So, come my friends and join me to improve our lives better everyday.
Have fun and I wish you all a great new year of 2008.

0 comments:
Post a Comment