Janus and His Motivation

It's Friday evening and suddenly, I feel like writing. Maybe it's the fresh air from the backyard a minute ago or perhaps the intellectual after-effects of watching some episodes of Boston Legal. Either way, I'm now in a good mood to pour out something while sipping my favourite Bundaberg Peachee.

How about my new year's resolutions?

Statistically speaking, my success rate of completing my new (well, previously) year's resolutions weren't very convincing that I should even be bothered of making any new ones. Lets see, back in 1999, I wanted to be cool. Well, you know, it was high school and every kid wanted to be hip, or so I believed. Anyway, it didn't turned out that way. In 2003, I wanted to learn karate but truth to be told, I'm still the wimp I always was.

So why bother? Well, I don't know. Maybe out of 10 resolutions made, 3 might turned out okay. Time taken is another thing. I wanted to be a culinary expert in 2005 but today I suppose I've achieved that half way. Mathematically I should be one by 2011. The beginning of 2006 I wanted to look like Brad Pitt but I didn't achieve that till mid year 2008, or was it around October? Hmm.

2008.

I gonna take this time to reminisce a little bit. I spent the earlier half of the year in Malaysia and the remaining in New Zealand. Both times have been remarkably fruitful for me. I have to say last year was certainly a good year for me. Not very perfect, but still good. Among the top 3 I suppose, approximated since as far as I can remember. And many of you who were in it I deeply cherish.

I want to have a better year. I want to improve socially, spiritually, academically, emotionally and more other -ily stuffs if possible. I don't want to be a genius but with no friends. I don't want to have a girlfriend while losing judgement in faith. Wasatiah, the balancing acts of good - as I chose among the many intepretations. I was and always am the jack of all trades kind of guy. Not that I want to say I'm good in everything. I wish to bite a bit of all the food on the table. Not necessarily all though. Possibly just the ones which not too spicy, or chickens only, or perhaps anything that starts with the letter 'k'- ayam kicap, kentang goreng, ketam masak lemak, etc.

The point is, I want to take care as much aspects I can carry in my adult life. With then, I can feel more complete. That, I conclude, my resolutions for 2009. I want to be more complete. There you go, and I wish you readers for a better year as well. Ciao!

2 comments:

Najib Azmi said...

50% of something is always better than 100% of nothing I always say

NJB said...

perhaps, well looking on the brighter side. heh.