Humans are very adaptive creatures. If we get hungry, we find food to eat. If we're bored, we find interesting things to do. If we're heartbroken, we shoot that bitch that stole your partner. Humans are intelligent creatures that find solutions to find the right balance in ourselves, ergo, to be happy.
Or comfortable.
Well, I'm trying to fill you into the study of human comfort. We, humans, are not like those kind of birds (I don't know what kind are they) that migrate from one place to another when winter comes. We're not like bears that spend the entire season hibernating, just because it's cold outside (Although I do wish we actually do that). We, humans, adapt to our environment to continue being productive.
There's this website I found during my time of study, I think about 2 years ago. There's this Comfort Calculator you can play around. Just key in any ambience temperature, what kind of activity you're doing and what are you wearing and it'll simulate and display the comfort level using that cute colourful bunny (or is it a kangaroo? I'm not so sure). It think it's fun, heheh.
Here's a simple depiction of the study.



I've never been to Ottawa. I hold no responsibility for the validity of these information. Heheh.

0 comments:
Post a Comment