Make Me A Joke, Honey?

I went to a standup comedy show at Happy last night. Happy is a bar by the way. Funny name. 'Let's be happy at Happy' kind of cliche. A great place nonetheless. I went there for a number of interesting events. ... Oh well.

Anyway, the show was fun. Sean kindly invited me to watch his friend performs. His friend was one of the five comedians entertaining us last night. I'm not actually going to share with you about the jokes they made. Well, you know, repeating jokes is not easy, regardless how good it is. Especially coming from a person who's not that well known of making jokes. I like to be on the other side of such person - the avid free listeners. The show was $15 by the way. $10 if you went in a big group.

It caught me wondering, that I would really love to have a comedian friend. I mean, a professional comedian. You know, you can introduce him (I don't mind if it's a girl. I'm just lazy to type 'him or her'. Instead, I chose to type this long explaination) to your other friends like, "Hey guys, this is Tommy. He's a comedian, professional comedian,". Thus, we will all know who's going to talk all night. I know that's a misconception to treat such special friend. You don't usually introduce a surgeon friend and he'll gonna cut you up right there. A magician friend? That would also be interesting. I do have plenty of funny friends (which I am also very grateful to have a fine number of great friends). Just to have a professional one, maybe, intrigues me.

How about a comedian girlfriend? Ahh, I would definitely love to cuddle up with Tina Fey. Well, possibly if she's 20 years younger. Maybe she wouldn't be that funny if she's at that young age? Well, there was this young female performer last night. She had that smart-nerdy-Tina-Fey vibe around her which kinda caught my interest a little bit. But nah, I'm still into authentic Malay chick, preferably with Arab/North Indian descent.

A comedian girlfriend. Now, that's a plan.

2 comments:

Toots said...

Uisy.

I can imagine you and Raja Azura living a happily ever after life. *dreamy eyes*

NJB said...

erk. and i wonder why.

am thinking something like the 3R tv show hostess. sophisticated fun. not that raja azura is not. i just never knew she could be a comedic kind. altho i never actually watched the 3R show nway. but i assume they are fun. i dont know why.

if they are not, abaikan.