A Good Night

It was that moment of the night, when the purity of the inner self came to visit the hectic body, whom it soul was drifted through the channels of life commitments. I grabbed the car keys in the drawer near the kitchen. There were food and drinks in the refrigerator. No, I just needed to go out.

I thought I could use a can of Dutch Lady's Ice Latte: Vienna Coffee. It's been my favourite drink since as far as I can ever remember. 7-Eleven is just about 3 minutes drive from my house. Maybe I should stop by.

"Hello, selamat malam, .. eh, petang?" the cashier confused herself as she giggled and may thought it was cute.

The thing is, she was cute. The nametag on her red uniform shirt told me her name was Sufina. Beautiful name. Sweet smile. Although I knew it was that smile of a 7-Eleven cashier to a customer. Ahh, f**k it. It was warm and nice and I loved it. I was the only customer there. "Yey!" I yelled silently. Well, it was 1:20am. Go figure. I wandered around the store prolonging my visit there as my eyes kept finding hers. Yes, she was looking at me as well. Although, I did thought that because she might just being worried if I gonna steal stuffs, rob the store or something. She smiled. She must be scared. Nice.

"Ada apa-apa lagi?" she sweetly asked since I only came up with a can of drink after those prolonged adventures at the back of the tropical jungle of 7-Eleven. I just smiled. I wished I could have come up with something smart enough just to make a good first conversation. I slowly reached for my wallet in my pocket. I tried to delay every seconds I could afford thinking of ideas I could use. Her eyes roamed around elsewhere probably giving me privacy on counting my small change of coins. The brain could not tolerate the amount of short time given to bloody flirt with the cashier. "Terima kasih. Datang lagi," I walked away from the store. Nothing. I loathed myself. Every bit of steps towards the car were like regrets stamping on the streets marking my ever-amazing failure. I drove back home. I cursed all the way. Repeatingly the same stuffs. I don't have that much ideas for bad words. Got home. Threw the keys into the bowl. Locked the doors. Grabbed the remote and reached for the sofa. I opened the can of my favourite drink, took a sip and it tasted great!

Well, the truth is, I did made a conversation. I even got her number. Ahh, should I message her now?

2 comments:

mohd azmir said...

player sial!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha....hahahahaha