Commitment

Ahh. Commitment. Such a big word. I never knew the meaning of this word till I was 15. I used the thesaurus to find the other word for dedication. Such a popular word back then. Murid yang dedikasi. Hahah. Anyway, the real thing is, commitment, I never knew the true meaning of this word, like ever.

What's the first thing came into mind when that word pops up? School work? Office work? Love? Social? Family? Sports? Dota? Lol. Ahh, let's put Dota as an example. Maybe it would be fun, don't you think?

Commitment. Dota. Mm, *hmphk*. Lol. Hahahahah. I can't even start. This is too ridiculous. I Dota too much recently. Hahah. Now see I used the word 'Dota' as a verb. *Sigh*. I wonder how many of you readers have no idea what Dota really is. I actually knew about this since I was in late high school. A group of my friends started getting really into this game and I kind of like "Duh? It's just a boring computer game,". Boy if my past self could've seen me today. Owh, a rather ambigous sentence. It may means that I've become a better person- or exactly the opposite. I wonder.

Anyway, yes, commitment. Taken from Farlex's TheFreeDictionary website, commitment is defined as "the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose,". I find this description of the word as very interesting. Steadfast fixity of purpose. Anything we do, at any time and place, there's a purpose. Although there're times when you find yourself wandering down Cuba Street doing nothing, there's still a small subtle purpose in it of you searching for something in value to you. Even when you're sitting down quietly doing nothing, the purpose is there. Subtle. Unconscious. Whatever you have in mind. Everyone else, in the mean time, are having their purposes in their head. Owh how I admire these people who knows what they want in life. This is when the issue of fixing a purpose in your life comes into head. My head, at least. I couldn't get through even half of the meaning of commitment. How far away am I.

Purpose: Updating this blog.

Now you see why I couldn't get even near of sitting down in front of my pc to start writing?

0 comments: