Pride

Towards the end of the Easter holiday, I went to Auckland with Beng, Pae, Kerel and Ainee. Beng and Pae went for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert and Kerel, Ainee and I just wanted to join the Malaysian Carnival hosted by the Malaysian students there. Beng was really to kind to drove us all the way for 9 hours. Thanks Beng!

Anyway, the carnival was a blast! There were 2 big occasions during our trip there; the Grand Charity Dinner with Tan Sri Muhyddin Mohd Yasin on Friday night and the Malaysian Carnival the next day. The dinner was okey. I liked the emcee. He was fun. The food was awesome as well blablabla yadayada all the normal stuffs during formal dinner. Ah, I'd like to talk more about the following day. All Malaysian students throughout New Zealand were invited to perform in the Malaysian Carnival in Auckland. Students representing their UMNO club of each state; Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch performed their series of wonderful dances of various styles and cultures. Pride. This is when the topic of this post comes in. I loved it so much when my friends went up on the stage and performed their best as they represent the Malaysian students from Wellington. I wonder how this feeling affected my judgment seeing that they did the best performance and others did rubbish. Lol. Well, that is rude. Anyway, that was not the point. I'm no expert in dancing anyway so my judgement for this matter is utterly worthless. The thing is, I've grown to love the Malaysian community in Wellington so much that whatever they do brings joy to me. I loved it when they're enjoying themselves on stage. I loved it when people in the crowd showed their admiration for the performance by Malaysian students from Wellington. It was a fun 3 days trip in Auckland. One of the biggest Malaysian gathering in New Zealand. Hope there'll be more of it in the future. Owh, lots of nice beautiful authentic Malaysian ladies as well. Nice. I'm still considering of posting some of those photos into this blog, but, well, human privacy is rather complex. Maybe some other time.

Now I'm back in Wellington. In the midst of preparing the team for Bersatu Games 2007 in Christchurch this coming July. The orange colour keeps coming on to me. 30 athletes plus a million supporters to be trained and get ready to crowd Christchurch with our proud orange colour! Nonetheless, sports practices haven't started yet. Owh well, I love sports competition. Can't wait to go to Christchurch and wear the proud orange colour. See? How many times have I repeatedly use the word 'orange'? Orange. Orange. Orange.



Tribute to all members of WMSO Bersatu Team 2006.

0 comments: