There's a basketball tournament in Lower Hutt this weekend which just started this morning at 8:00am. Stayed after sahur, I drove to St Oran's College at 7:30am which Ija kindly kasi pinjam her car thank you very much. First game was against team ah chong number 1. Actually I can't remember what's the name of the opponent we played so I just name it Ah Chong I. This tournament is organized by the strong Chinese community here in Wellington. Thus, most of the teams participate are Chinese with a few minorities of Kiwis, Niggas and myself. I never liked early morning games. Nevertheless, I believe everyone is the same anyway. So not much disadvantage for me or them opponents I guess. Yet, it was a close fight throughout the game of 40 minutes, running clock by the way, and as the result was fair, we emerged winner with 41-36. I scored 8 points. Not bad I think. I do somewhat learnt that I'm no longer a strong point getting beast like before. Probably the competition is a rather tougher here or I just got rusty. Possibly both. Yet, I compensate with good rebounds, a few assists and tactical ball distribution. Puji diri sendiri heheheh. I always believe that there are so much more than scoring when you play full court tactical basketball matches. I apparently like to play this small part in basketball that won't appear that prominent in the statistical sheet.
Anyhow, the second game was a lot tougher. Team Ah Chong II, as again fictioned, was younger, faster and fitter than most of us in our team. They punished us badly in fastbreaks and quick transitional game. Yet, a few 3-pointers and high percentage field goals inside and out really saved us on that match. We pulled away a 20 points margin during the start of the third quarter. However, intense full court press was well executed by the opponents rewarding them by closing the gap to only 4 points difference at the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter. Bloody young brats. Stamina cam kuda. At the end, I do think we were lucky to survive until the end with the 50-45 win with 12 points went into my account. Hopefully the hot shooting streak last until our next few games tomorrow.
What I specially discovered for myself today? I actually manage to fast for the whole day. I thought I might have trouble playing without food and water for this tournament. Apparently, at the end, it wasn't all that bad at all. Alhamdulillah. And owh, I found another awesome spot in this awesome town of Wellington. It is located somewhere near Wainuiomata. There is this lepak point where you sit down at the bench and watch the whole town of Lower Hutt and the Wellington City Centre at a distance. Beautiful. It's somewhat like the one you can find on top of Mt Victoria. There is also this Mt Lowry Lookout Point but it's an hour and 15 minutes walk away from the parking spot. So, I might try it later this summer I guess. Yeah, best.
Good day. And I also found the super awesomeness in the triple threat position. Google it. You'll find out what I mean. Like as if it matters hahah.
Seyip is the name of a province in south of China. I have no idea why it's our team name. Number 10 jersey. Sakuragi Hanamichi. Heheh.


13 comments:
no 10 ek?dah lame ke tuko no jersi?klu x silap dulu no 12 ke 11 ntah..mase mude2 lu ..kan?kan?
i would prefer to have number 9. always. heh.
didnt ask for that number. tetibe je dpt. tak smpt demand hahah.
sakuragi konon...perangai sama...bakat tidak... - mugh
n gud luck 4 da rest of ur games
njb sakuragi??hmm..takleh kot..kalau gorila ok..haha
ahahah cibey gorila. owh, time tu ade amoi approach gua dow. mintak no. fon, emel, etc. comel gak ah. dugaan terbesa mase puase. isk3.
tgk2 rupenye promoter insurance. heh. tebal2. merbahaya sungguh golongan mereka nih.
hahaha NJB perasan....patut ko bukak baju tunjuk six pack ko....
ahahahah. alangkah bagusnye kalau six pack tu btol wujud. heh.
sakuragi??? haihh ko x sekacak sakuragi r...
:(
tp awak kacak mcm njb....that is all that matters to me....i'll always remember that night...
:)
??????
cibey
hahhaa..sakuragi?hehe..klu tgk tggi tuh ade la sket2..tp rmbut x cukup merah la beb!!tp x pe no 10 always have its own magical power...trust me beb!aku pki no 10 sepanjg aku involve ngan basket nih..mmg magic beb!!!
Post a Comment