My Own Pinocchio

I like to lie about many things. Regardless as it's one of the world's most popular sins, I somewhat bound to have this despicable trait and practising it as it is almost common as breathing air. Nonetheless, it's not that lying is my native tongue as I'm also familiar of speaking about the truth. Yet, if I were a pinocchio, well, wait! What if all of us were like a breed of pinocchios?

Maybe Carlo Collodi wrote that wonderful fairy tale with a hidden meaning dedicated for our human civilization. A wish. A dream where lies are as crooked as pulling up a knife and jab it into the person's heart. Truth as nothing is more pure. Imagine; you're watching an advertisement on television, a host is promoting a new brand of washing liquid that can almost wash anything! As he/she is demonstrating on live national television, his/her nose suddenly grows longer and thus, you know you can just switch on to another channel. Easy. No more of that "Is it true?" or "I wonder if it really works,". When the handsome dude tells you "I'll call you," after your first awesome date, you know you don't have to have that false hope or dreamy wonders when that angel's face just grew on an eternity length of nose. Moreover, love would be easy! "I love you," he said, and you can quickly know whether you can just walk away from him after you broke his incredibly long nose or stay as he is actually for real.

How about in football? How many times we can see Christiano Ronaldo grows that annoying long nose on that pretty face whenever he tripped over another player to gain a foul. Politicians? "I shall cut your taxes!" and a minute later, there goes his votes and another remarkable landslide win for that other man with the pure heart.

Ok. Cukup.

Recently, I watched an endless anime series of Yakitate Japan. And owh, a short break of Selimut Putih on YouTube. Not bad. National discovery for today; Atong suka Cerekarama. Owh, now I'm not saying that I wasted my time with those worthless activities. Priorities. Rojak sangat nih. I lie a lot to myself. Telling stuffs what I like to hear and make myself feel better. Consequences? Catastrophic. Well, probably not to that extent, but possibly very near. Writing blog is unnecessary too. Ah shucks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ko nyer otak mmg dasat larr..aku suke buah fikiran ko dlm blog2 nih...hmm..pinocchio ek..hmm maybe u r geminian...

F said...

nk tgk yakitake!

btw, everybody lies to themselves. at least once a day, heh.

NJB said...

ciyo-chan : yesh i'm a gemini

farah : yakitate bole membuat ko lapa and makan roti dgn rakus setiap kali ko layan anime tersebut. warning2. hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

hehehe..cite yakitate tuh mmg best..tp aku dah tgk lame dah..try la layan anime naruto..takpun gun x sword..x pun black jack 21 ke fate/stay ..x pun..iskhhh bayk nih aku nk cadangkan...

NJB said...

naruto dah layan. sploh tahun yg lepas. bleach pon. onepiece. etc.

aku tak patut layan anime sbnrnye. pengaruh rakan sebaya mostly. :(

Anonymous said...

hhee..pgrh rkn sbaye@prs?hahha..no la bro..try to take the good side of the anime..at least you can try to prctce the blizard hand technique..maybe while u r plying sax?haha..one of my silly suggestion la kan..

NJB said...

aku nak solar hands!! :D

Liz-A-Tou-tou said...

mcm mane dari lying to ourselves boley sampai ke makan roti dgn rakus ke keinginan to have solar powered hands ni?? hahaha tergelak i bace =P

Anonymous said...

'scientists at the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago found that when you lie, chemicals known as catecholamines are released, causing tissue inside the nose to swell. They used special imaging cameras that show blood flow in the body to reveal that intentional lying also causes an increase in blood pressure. This technology indicates that the human nose is actually expands with blood during lying, and is known as the -->'Pinocchio Effect'..
theory kamu pasal pinocchio disokong oleh scientist..emm...best2
aku copy from buku..
haha..
yang benar,
;D

NJB said...

wow. thanks for the info.

ahh denga itu rakan2, jgn menipu, nanti kantoi. :D

fana hashim said...

abestu.. mat salleh sume suke tipu ah?
hidung panjang kemain..ishhhh