How to entertain everyone?
The price of steel is going up along with fuel and cement seem to be unstable and unpredictable. Extraordinary creativity in building design is essential to provide sufficient and effective residential space with minimal construction cost. Furthermore, issues arose on traffic systems, car parks inadequate, increase of minimum interior space required to provide, density issue and perhaps some would understand that local authorities want to preserve and control the developments arising within their vicinity.
Market research.
When developing a whole 10 acres of residential areas accommodating a potential 1500 units of household, where do the kids go to school? When developing a Green Theme office building, how do potential clients need to be convinced that they are saving energy and environment? Of course there are always questions people can keep on asking because as we all know throughout our entire adulthood that it is utterly bloody difficult to entertain everyone.
Oh by the way, if someone could actually tell me anything regarding sustainability buildings or Green Theme stuffs happening in Malaysia, that could be utterly awesome.
I think my workloads in the office is starting to reduce recently. Less administrative and authoritive work and just casual internal research and filing and I have to start handing over all my works to the current executives in the office. About one and a half months left to go and I have got to finalize everything I need to settle before going back to Wellington. What can I gain in this coming last few weeks? I have a few objectives to achieve and I'm certainly glad that I believe my 4 months of serious work in the construction line seem to be an awesome exposure for me to what I can bring into the future.
I had a list of plans of things to do or achieve in this long period of break I'm having. Some of the stuffs are happen to be very difficult to accomplish and perhaps I should give myself a break and tell myself, "Don't worry dude you have done enough for yourself,". I'm starting to understand and digest the concept of aim higher in life. Not that completely but I'm feeling good about it though.
I always wanted to do better in life, in everything. Everyone, or at least many of us have the same desire. One step at a time and if I get better at it, I shall buy myself a scooter to move forward faster.
"We are all meant to shine,"
The price of steel is going up along with fuel and cement seem to be unstable and unpredictable. Extraordinary creativity in building design is essential to provide sufficient and effective residential space with minimal construction cost. Furthermore, issues arose on traffic systems, car parks inadequate, increase of minimum interior space required to provide, density issue and perhaps some would understand that local authorities want to preserve and control the developments arising within their vicinity.
Market research.
When developing a whole 10 acres of residential areas accommodating a potential 1500 units of household, where do the kids go to school? When developing a Green Theme office building, how do potential clients need to be convinced that they are saving energy and environment? Of course there are always questions people can keep on asking because as we all know throughout our entire adulthood that it is utterly bloody difficult to entertain everyone.
Oh by the way, if someone could actually tell me anything regarding sustainability buildings or Green Theme stuffs happening in Malaysia, that could be utterly awesome.
I think my workloads in the office is starting to reduce recently. Less administrative and authoritive work and just casual internal research and filing and I have to start handing over all my works to the current executives in the office. About one and a half months left to go and I have got to finalize everything I need to settle before going back to Wellington. What can I gain in this coming last few weeks? I have a few objectives to achieve and I'm certainly glad that I believe my 4 months of serious work in the construction line seem to be an awesome exposure for me to what I can bring into the future.
I had a list of plans of things to do or achieve in this long period of break I'm having. Some of the stuffs are happen to be very difficult to accomplish and perhaps I should give myself a break and tell myself, "Don't worry dude you have done enough for yourself,". I'm starting to understand and digest the concept of aim higher in life. Not that completely but I'm feeling good about it though.
I always wanted to do better in life, in everything. Everyone, or at least many of us have the same desire. One step at a time and if I get better at it, I shall buy myself a scooter to move forward faster.
"We are all meant to shine,"

8 comments:
Err, last time I went up Genting the streetlight have solar panels. Dunno this info relevant or not la tapi.
its relevan. thanks!
Malaysia?
Green? ... Somehow I wonder if we're making any sort of effort. I know we're on our way there, but I can't recall any efforts.
Go to scooter by the way. :)
well at the moment miss aida we are currently having 2 buildings, to my knowledge, that are going for LEED certification; public mutual bank and sime darby HQ both in preliminary design stage.
LEED certifies if ur building is actually green or not. heh.
many of the products in the construction line is going for more environmentally friendly; air-conditioning system, waste management, glazings, landscape control, etc, Green Building Mission Malaysia was launched last year by pak lah, SP Setia launched the Eco Park, YTL launched the Climate Change thingy, putrajaya is working towards sustainability city, etc3
so yeah i guess we are on the right direction perhaps. either way, the greener this country the better working opportunity for me :)
oh scooter is definitely in! i miss my suzuki sj50. sigh.
2 buildings out of the many hundreds buildings & skyscrapers in the city of KL. hehe. Oh well, at least we're starting somewhere..
Implicitly, we may have some efforts towards sustainability and enviromental friendly but we've yet to establish any significant programmes that would say "Dang. Yes we are working towards better enviroment here".
Perhaps an international commitment such as to the Kyoto Protocol would be a loud step towards the green movement. But i doubt it'll be happening anytime soon,..though we accept the Protocol, we've yet to make any commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emssions.
Mana tak nye, kalu tak reduce, kena bayar.. and u know, "buat pa nak bayar benda2 tak penting".
heh =P
mm around lembah klang there are about 150 purposed built offices. around 70 around the cbd and golden triangle area. oh i love market research. altho i think i got the numbers wrong. but i sound very smart quoting statistics and all. kalau salah tibai ah.
commercial complex are different btw heh.
there are quite some effort for offices or buildings around klang valley to go towards green or sustainability. OU is quite popular for its energy efficiency (lux sensor, thermal storage cooling system, hi-tech energy management system) and nice eco-design. then there're mesiniaga, vads tower, menara boustead among the competent sustainable building. but how green is green? until LEED and BCA Green Mark came into the picture. and last year pak lah launched the green building mission malaysia. we'll perhaps see soon the continuation of it.
kyoto protocol is even difficult and many of the developed countries seems redundant towards it. altho i wonder why mbsa is still mentioning agenda 21. and bali protocol lagi. bleerh okey but honestly me myself doesnt concern about this political environment movement.
for me, green building makes better profit and helps the environment. win-win situation sounds good eh? u can go for those ngv or electric car if u want. i still have my eye on that ford 4wd diesel heheheh
I've got no background knowledge on what constitute a 'green building'. But it sounds from your description; like an energy-efficient building. Which is cool!
Yet, conserving energy is one thing, emitting carbons (which we are doing - due to our industrialized nature-and culture of having 2-3 cars) is another. We can't help it. And yes, US is reluctant to join Kyoto because they are the biggest emitters.. However, many major developed countries have accepted Kyoto obligations actually. Which includes Europe Union, Japan, Russia, Australia & NZ.
If we were to announce one day; "Ok, starting tmrw, factories n manifacturing firms must cut down their emissions level..kalau tak, kena bayar fine!!". Imagine the reaction.
I think baby steps are a good start. And yes, that includes green building. But call me pessimistic, i think we've still got a few milestones left before we could be labelled an "Enviromental-mindful" country.
OK, i sound cam geek sgt. Oh, sorry cam over2 lak comment.. Emissions Trading Scheme, Carbon markets is my thesis topic hehe. tu cam interested lebih2 :p
ok Change topic...Jib, blanje i tiket gi Melbourne????????????? I'm sure you've earned a lot with your part-time modelling!...Haha!
yeah carbon emission is one thing. there're those non-stop debates for the past decades on air-conditioning alone whether they allow to use refrigeron r22, 134a, 123 and gazillions other combination of random number to make the chemist discoveries seem cool. well these stuffs apparently hurt the earth, i think. i didnt pay that much attention to my dad's lecture in the car.
man.
dear readers, if u actually learn something from this, we'll be realy happy. :D
Post a Comment