All That Jazz

I was in the band in high school. Well, not in that cool type sort of band with electric guitars and drum set. Wind orchestra. Brass band. Either one, I'm not sure, but we're certainly no philharmonic. Anyway, I was proud being one of the school's band members. We started as complete amateurs and worked our way up into decent and passionate musicians.

I was exposed to this wonderful world of music (Wow!) when I was about 6 years old when my parents sent me for Yamaha piano lessons - I got interested when I saw my brother practice at home and later hated it after a few years of that annoying piano teacher. After I got into high school, that interest came back with a bonus of everlasting fellow musicians. Awesome. Music is much more fun when learned and practiced among our best of friends and exciting educators. I say, music depicts best of its meaning under positive environment and the purpose of its melodramatic sense of representation is to touch our hearts and minds to their deepest empathy. Wikipedia would give you a different definition but hey, feel free to quote mine anytime you like. *Grin*

After high school, my dream of playing in a band (That cool type sort thingy mentioned above) came true when I found some awesome friends along the way to let me play with them. Until now, I always have enjoyed all the company I had playing such variety range of style and genre. That's the beauty of music. One instrument can funk its way from retro jazz into pop rock rhythm and ballad and creates this wonderful poem that touches our heart so much more than when we're listening to Buletin Utama, no matter how hot the news anchors are (Perhaps).

Anyway, here's a list of some stuffs that I wish to have in this lifetime;

1. Get myself an awesome digital piano, say one of the nice Yamaha Clavinova CVP series? You guys should try one of these babies at any music store close to you. Don't know how to play the piano? Doesn't matter. It'll still sound awesomely cool. Good Roland's would do fine still.

2. Find a decent Martin acoustic electric along with a nice alto saxaphone by Yanagisawa (I am too demanding. I can live with Yamaha anyway).

3. One of the rooms in my future house will be made as my own personal music studio. It'll have its own awesome super computer together with the digital piano, acoustic electric and saxaphone mentioned above and setup for awesome audio making and recording, which perhaps will require several other awesome hardwares. I'll call it the 'Awesome Room'. I will have that room for my own personal use and possibly a bat cave to train my own family band with my kids (Well you know like those Corrs and Hansons type) and we'll go and save Gotham City from evil villains. And owh, making out with Batgirl on the keyboard would be nice. Yum2.

4. Friday/Saturday night chill with a small band at a small restaurant/cafe. Weekdays is possible too. Sandwiches Restaurant could do it on Wednesday night so yeah I figure that will work too. Either way, I always wanted to perform in a small band in places as such. Such pleasant atmosphere. Mamak works fine too I guess.

5. Send my kids to music classes. I'll teach them myself a little bit as well. They will love music whether they like it or not. They'll soon grow to be good at it. One of my wedding anniversary with my wife later on, they should by then know how to play our wedding song, theme song, or whatever they call it these days which I assume the missus would love it, and they'll play it while we're having an awesome candlelight dinner by our house (Assuming we have garden somewhere. If it's a condo/apartment, well, some place nice I think).

There. I wonder whether its achievable. Well, dream big they say and from the book of Secret of the Universe, we visualize and the universe will respond and grant your wishes. Bismillah~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the idea of having ur own family band.. and ask the kids to play your wedding/theme songs on your anniversary.. hehehe... it sounds cool...

NJB said...

ahh yes. if i have children as much like in that movie cheaper by the dozen, we could have dancers as well. a whole musical theatre for our anniversary. awesome.

or orchestra perhaps. ahh best2.

Anonymous said...

biler kiter nak gi dating njb?

Anonymous said...

hekekekek..lawak lah plak..hehe.. you might have 2 celebrate ur anniversary at the istana budaya..
;D

NJB said...

kurt: biler bulan jatuh ke riba la ok?

anony: i was thinking somewhere cheaper sbnrnye.. say, restoran darul ehsan? :D