Music and the Worthy Nonsense

I've been listening to Bon Jovi's tune quite a lot these recent weeks. I can't remember if I even enjoyed his music during his prime time or anytime in the 90s. Why lately? Although I don't think timing is the matter I want to story here anyway.

In the previous survey tagged by Nash about the wedding stuffs, I wrote about the kind of song or tune I would like played at my wedding. "Something modern with a hint of traditional instruments and possibly composed specially for us,".

I usually like individual songs rather than the whole band itself but I have a few musicians that I felt worth mentioning as my favourites. I like Dave Matthews Band for their unique instrumental arrangement and poetic pieces, then John Mayer for its exceptional creativity on strings, Sheila Majid with her band for their style of music, U2 for the love of music and recently Bon Jovi because I think he's just awesome together with Richie.

Okay, what touches you the most when you listen to a song? Lyrics, the melody, both on equal terms or you'll only know when you listen to the song? I rarely listen to lyrics but I think Dave Matthews reaches me through its beautiful composition of literature and I like John Mayer only for the sound of his guitar. Sometimes I like The Corrs because I like the inclusion of the traditional taste of Irish sound in it and Spice Girls for, well, the fun of it. So, coming back to the earlier subject, how or what should I expect for a perfect song to celebrate my love to my future bride? What is your perfect song, or even the nearest it can actually be?

Should the lyric be "To find thy heart to deep under the lovers cove for the eternal beauty of thy maiden the heart remains a soul," or the sound of the symphony of strings that swept off your feet and dance to your ardent desire or just simply, the song is specially made for me and you and that is all that matters?

I've been enjoying Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer, Thank You for Loving Me, Have a Nice Day and Make a Memory.

Revising back what I wrote here, I'm making no sense at all. Or did I make any worthy points? Maybe I just wanted to tell you that I'm listening to Bon Jovi nowadays and I just want to you enjoy your music as well. Music doesn't have to make sense. It's either you enjoy it or not, touched by it, inspired or nothing at all. Play a song on your media player, a song you haven't played for quite awhile, possibly a song that inspires you for a good life, and heck you want to sing along shouting with it. Click 'play' and fellas, have a nice day.

3 comments:

Liz-A-Tou-tou said...

For me, lyrics works fr me.
If the instruments, melody that moves u, that tat shud be the criteria for finding ur fav song.

I still have trouble finding THE song too.. perhaps it will only be days be4 the wedding wud i listen to a song and go "This is it. This song sums it all up hw i feel." ;)

Uuu so, so, what's you're fav. Spice Girls song??

Zigi-zi-ahhhh!

Anonymous said...

salam ziarah dari bumi Dublin.. jemput2lah ke blog hamba.. :)

NJB said...

liz: 2 become 1, stop, mama, if u wanna have some fun, etc hehehehe

jhaz: insyaAllah saya lawat :D