I just realized that I haven't post anything about our National Independence Day. Have I become less patriotic nowadays?
"A devoted love, support, and defense of one’s country; national loyalty."
I do love my country. I'm always proud whenever anyone here in New Zealand ask me where I came from - well, only when I did something good anyway heh. Yet, I didn't felt that much passion when the Merdeka Day arrived. I was quite touched by the High Commissioner speech during the Malaysian Night about how we can find any significance of our country's history into our own lives and the importance to be aware of the ticking 'time bomb'. Yet, I was not as energetic about this historical day as I think I should have.
Is anyone feeling the same way?
Can I blame the current political situation in Malaysia nowadays? Have I like Malaysia a lot less just because of a few pretentious pricks talking nonsense in the Cabinet? I never did followed much about Malaysia's politics or economics or anything too technical which I often too lazy to find out about. Most arguments I made about these topics were mainly crap and more of a psychological or anthropological based (which I assumed they were), which most of the time didn't make sense but I always have enjoyed ridiculous debates. A number of my friends seem to be very much into it, learning political facts and history, which I'm thinking they might be a lot more patriotic than I am. I have high respect to them whom have firm believe of what or perhaps who they are fighting for. Regardless many of them have different directions on their political or economical opinions, despite the probability that 50-70% of them will realize that they are fighting for the wrong reason, they have that spirit that many of us should learn from.
I should learn to have a firm stand. I may come back home soon and I should start to think about how to become a patriotic citizen. Possibly learn about who's the MP for my area or what motion of no-confidence is really about.
Oh well, I might as well now read more about this Noise Control in the Built Environment. Did you know that while human beings are very adaptable, while working in a 90 dBA environment, say in a manufacturing plant or a steel factory, for at least 5 hours a day for 5 years, it will reduce your hearing capability to a 60 years old average person. An operating vacuum cleaner is approximately 80 dBA. Although the stats may not be a very sound argument but hey, take care of your living and working environment. Get out once in a while, even if you're in the library. You're not only getting some fresh air but to relax your ear muscles as they've been working for you all day long. Feed them with some lovely sound of birds chirping, dogs barking or a nice pouring cup of coffee. The sound of it I mean, don't pour coffee into your ears.
Stay healthy.
Pesanan dari A Najib M A.
"A devoted love, support, and defense of one’s country; national loyalty."
-www.thefreedictionary.com-
I do love my country. I'm always proud whenever anyone here in New Zealand ask me where I came from - well, only when I did something good anyway heh. Yet, I didn't felt that much passion when the Merdeka Day arrived. I was quite touched by the High Commissioner speech during the Malaysian Night about how we can find any significance of our country's history into our own lives and the importance to be aware of the ticking 'time bomb'. Yet, I was not as energetic about this historical day as I think I should have.
Is anyone feeling the same way?
Can I blame the current political situation in Malaysia nowadays? Have I like Malaysia a lot less just because of a few pretentious pricks talking nonsense in the Cabinet? I never did followed much about Malaysia's politics or economics or anything too technical which I often too lazy to find out about. Most arguments I made about these topics were mainly crap and more of a psychological or anthropological based (which I assumed they were), which most of the time didn't make sense but I always have enjoyed ridiculous debates. A number of my friends seem to be very much into it, learning political facts and history, which I'm thinking they might be a lot more patriotic than I am. I have high respect to them whom have firm believe of what or perhaps who they are fighting for. Regardless many of them have different directions on their political or economical opinions, despite the probability that 50-70% of them will realize that they are fighting for the wrong reason, they have that spirit that many of us should learn from.
I should learn to have a firm stand. I may come back home soon and I should start to think about how to become a patriotic citizen. Possibly learn about who's the MP for my area or what motion of no-confidence is really about.
Oh well, I might as well now read more about this Noise Control in the Built Environment. Did you know that while human beings are very adaptable, while working in a 90 dBA environment, say in a manufacturing plant or a steel factory, for at least 5 hours a day for 5 years, it will reduce your hearing capability to a 60 years old average person. An operating vacuum cleaner is approximately 80 dBA. Although the stats may not be a very sound argument but hey, take care of your living and working environment. Get out once in a while, even if you're in the library. You're not only getting some fresh air but to relax your ear muscles as they've been working for you all day long. Feed them with some lovely sound of birds chirping, dogs barking or a nice pouring cup of coffee. The sound of it I mean, don't pour coffee into your ears.
Stay healthy.
Pesanan dari A Najib M A.

4 comments:
You don't have to be vocal to be patriotic. :)
but i shudnt be silent either heh.
me think so long as we don't trash our nation, we're patriotic enuff :P haha
tapi aku menyanyikan lagu Tanggal 31 dengan penuh semangat juang okee hehhee
oh aku jua sama :D
Post a Comment