Mid Trimester Break

There are 2 major stories here:

1. Trip Kelab Org2 Tua
2. Malaysian Night 2008

Trib Kelab Org2 Tua
Members: Dyana, Athi, Kenu, Dibo, Kerel, Kurt, Nuzul (yes nuzul beb), Sue, Atong, Joe, Carrie, Ainee, Nash, N and myself.

I bet most of you've seen those million of nice photos uploaded on Facebook about our trip to Central North Island, courtesy of Nash's, Joe's and Kerel's awesome eye for good pictures. The ski trip, water rafting, BBQ, etc. Well, here I will tell you the whole idea of the trip, to my perception of course, a number of special stuffs we did and I couldn't put any price tag on it, well except "priceless" if that can makes it anymore corny- which apparently the name of the trip already is.

Anyway, we kick started our trip early at 4am on Wednesday 20th August from The Terrace. An Estima and an Odyssey, 15 members with a couple millions of bags we departed from Wellington to Castlepoint which is located on the most east side of North Island. Well, the idea was to catch the sunrise there around 6-7am. It was not that a pleasant ride though due to night driving and seemingly endless journey ahead of us. The signs said that we're already near the coastline but after every corners and junctions we've passed, it just seemed that there's no end to this bloody roads. Sue was nagging all the way through heheh. Anyway, we did reached there in time. Climbed up the stairs of the lighthouse and there's a lookout point and a nice walk by the sea banks (I think that's what they call it?) and dude it was awesome. It was special, because I always wanted to enjoy a nice sunrise, and that was, well arguably, the first sunrise in the world of the day! We had nasi lemak specially made by Nash and Anne by the seashore which no words could describe how much I've enjoyed them (yeah I had a few rounds heh). Nasi lemak & sunrise- even Romeo & Juliet couldn't match this perfect pair.

And that was special item no.1.

We then started to make a move to Tokaanu, just outside Turangi, where we've arranged our accommodation for the trip which is about 4 hours away. We stopped by at Te Apiti in Palmerston North, the largest wind farm in the Southern Hemisphere, among the biggest in the world. Well, I just love branding, the first sunrise, the largest windfarm, the hottest girl, etc. Anyway, as the name of the farm implies, it is windy, and you can google about this wind farm about how much wind needed and energy it can produce blablabla if you're interested with engineering wonders. We then had lunch at the Town Centre and off we marched to Tokaanu Lodge Motel.

Tokaanu Lodge Motel holds my special item no.2. Hot thermal pool. Private, and that's a big up. From $30 per night, you can enjoy your own nice motel stay with your own complete kitchen, tv lounge with Sky, comfy beds and warm towels you can always ask for new ones. You need them cos' dude, you surely won't wanna miss the hot pool over and over. At about 40 degrees (I think? It was really hot anyway. Nice hot heh) you share the small private hot pool with friends and a glass of cold drink, dude you'll know it is special. I went there the first night, the next morning, the evening after, and the last one on the morning we left. Thanks Joe, Atong, Kurt and Kerel for such great company. What happened in the pool will remain there vanished with the steam heheh. Oh did I mentioned it was my third time there at the motel? I went there twice in September last year.

The next day we went two separate ways, half of us went to Mount Ruapehu for snowboarding and another half, which I was in it, went water rafting at Tongariro River. 3 hours down the river and there's this specific 10 minutes I'd say made up for the whole trip. In the middle of one of the rapids, our raft was flipped (or tripped?) over and all of us went kaboosh into the running water. A bit of scare because I had no idea how deep was it and I tried to find my footings first to stable myself from getting drawn into the gushing stream. It was about chest deep and after everyone finally got theirselves together by the raft, our petite Athi was floating further away from all of us following along the current. I can't remember whether we panicked or were we confused by the comical of it. Although I do think we should have done differently like showing some affection and try to save her or something. We chose to watch in astonishment, and oh how did we enjoyed the hilariosity of it. Our guide threw a rope to pull her back and everything was fine. Thank you Athi for giving us such memory and may I applaud you how strong you were keeping up and continue to enjoy the trip with us till the end.

At night, like any good trip should have, a nice BBQ, courtesy of the motel to loan us the grill and many chefs of the night for the food. It was a good night, with so much warmth despite the cold weather. Good friends, good food, good fun night and I couldn't have it any better. That my dear readers, as simple it may sound described, was my special item no.3.

The next day, the final day of the trip, we checked out from the motel at 12pm and went to Taupo for lunch at the Prawn Farm. Well, somehow it's like a must place to go, for me at least, because I just love the prawns there, and it's a nice place to eat anyway heh. That day was pretty casual, Huka Falls, Lake Taupo and a few other stops. We thought of going either Napier or New Plymouth but as the name of the trip implies, I guess we somehow preferred a more relaxed trip and enjoy a nice laid back journey home. We stopped by at Danny's in Porirua for late supper and reached Wellington around 2am on Saturday 23rd August.

My special item no.4 came when we're just about to reach Wellington. Remember the "Wellington" signage right before we drive into Wellington from Motorway 1? I just the love that precise moment after we passed that signage, that first glimpse through the coastal bay of Wellington lights at night. I'm guessing Dibo and I felt the same way for this. I've passed that road so many times and I can never get tired of that stunning view of this city I will always consider as home. It was a perfect welcoming back to Wellington. As soon I reached my place, I laid down on my bed, with my clothes unchanged and my hand was still gripping my bags, I looked up the ceiling, wishing there was a skylight so that I can see the stars and be grateful for such beauty my life has brought me and sleep in such content I'd bet I'd have my best night rest ever. Well, actually what happened is that I stayed up until morning at Kerel's place playing Wii before sending Kenu to the airport and I only went back to my place in the afternoon and just simply had a nice shower and washen up. Oh well, all good.

I had a great trip. Possibly one of my best trip ever. Thanks guys for such great companies and all the fun we had, and more to come towards the end of this year.

And I'll save another story about Malaysian Night 2008 till later. Happy fasting and have a great month of Ramadhan. Cheerio.

0 comments: