I have this new thing going on - I wanna try to write something more academic here. Possibly educate some of you whom may interested or just a simple general knowledge about comfort in the built environment. Plus I'd think it may help a bit for my writing skills kot. It's my blog anyway heheh. I have a few drafts before but will keep for later.
Anyhow, the current assignment is about interior acoustic, just so you know.
The site is the commercial office building near the parliment. Environment House is sort of an example of a sustainable development for existing building. Meaning, it just been renovated to perform efficiently instead of an original green design. Thus, it's nothing much to be hyped about but still cool though heh. Anyway, one of the process is to study users perception on its surrounding built working environment. Comfort can be perceived as thermal comfort, fresh air, nice and bright, excellent acoustics, expensive marbles, pride of the building heritage and so on.
Anyhow, first step; users comments. Mainly acoustic to cover my part of study. These are a few of them for thoughts.
“Difficult to have phone conversations with colleagues as I always feel like I’m disturbing others”
“Headphones to block out that noisy bitch”
“I become uncommunicative because I have earphones in”
“Headphones to block disturbing activity (noise & people walking around)”
“Others should keep noise down”
“I use quiet rooms frequently in order to concentrate on work”
“Using quiet rooms for personal phone calls like with my loving boyfriend”
"Too noisy = headaches = reduce productivity"
“Wear headphones and listen to music to block out noise and other peoples phone calls”
Oh my what do we do as designers?
Anyhow, the current assignment is about interior acoustic, just so you know.
The site is the commercial office building near the parliment. Environment House is sort of an example of a sustainable development for existing building. Meaning, it just been renovated to perform efficiently instead of an original green design. Thus, it's nothing much to be hyped about but still cool though heh. Anyway, one of the process is to study users perception on its surrounding built working environment. Comfort can be perceived as thermal comfort, fresh air, nice and bright, excellent acoustics, expensive marbles, pride of the building heritage and so on.
Anyhow, first step; users comments. Mainly acoustic to cover my part of study. These are a few of them for thoughts.
“Difficult to have phone conversations with colleagues as I always feel like I’m disturbing others”
“Headphones to block out that noisy bitch”
“I become uncommunicative because I have earphones in”
“Headphones to block disturbing activity (noise & people walking around)”
“Others should keep noise down”
“I use quiet rooms frequently in order to concentrate on work”
“Using quiet rooms for personal phone calls like with my loving boyfriend”
"Too noisy = headaches = reduce productivity"
“Wear headphones and listen to music to block out noise and other peoples phone calls”
Oh my what do we do as designers?

0 comments:
Post a Comment