I Njb You

"Google, v. 1. To search for (something) on the internet using a search engine,"

These days we can google for almost absolutely anything. To think about it, google can actually be (oh it really is anyway) a verb and it's not the same for yahoo or msn. Well, except for IM application people do use msn as a verb sometimes.

Anyway, today's post is not about icon or trend settings or anything as such mentioned above. Although I would love to write about my name being a verb.

"Njb, v. 1. An act of coolness to another person for whatever cool reason it can be,"

Example of sentence:

"Hey dude he njbed him yesterday and it was awesome!"
"Brad, your addiction to njbing is making a strong trend for teenagers today,"

Okay, okay. Anyhow, today's entry is more about freedom of knowledge. You can find about almost anything you want to know on the internet today. In fact, it may have become a more preferred source of information since it's easy, cheap and more interesting to access as if you've become bored with Wikipedia, you can refresh your silly mind with Uncyclopedia and have a good laugh with silly general knowledge.

Credibility of information is another issue.

You have something you want to read and others have something they want to write. Economy's demand and supply concept or the Barter's whichever you want to think it's like. A 5 years old can learn how to tie his shoes online now and a young 8 years old girl can search online the latest Barbie's cool accessories on production today. Forums are everywhere to help you find similarities to one another for anime series, Dota, best char kuey tiaw in town and the comfort of anonymousity is making us more expressive, perhaps in a different way but still, very vocal.

Writing is easier as well. Online dictionaries and encyclopedia can make anyone look smart or perhaps really actually smart. Writings with Mr. Bombastico words and as deep as Titanic wreckings underwater knowledge can turn anyone today into modern Shakespeare, Mark Twain or Leo Tolstoy (See? I know great writers and I don't read any F-ing novels). And does thesaurus really help you that much? Perhaps my writing vocabulary improves to a certain extent but I wonder if it can become like any other technologies that is slowly destroying us like calculator or pda.

Today, I can't add $32.50 with $3.50 because I didn't have a calculator. I figured I can just count it when I got back home because I really need my calculator. And I can't remember as much phone numbers now either. When I was a kid, I remembered my dad's office number, my aunt's place, the clinic, my friend's house (10-15 perhaps, not all lah). Today, I was dumbfounded that I couldn't even remember what's my own mobile number nor even my house number. Until today, I never remember what's my mom's or my sister's mobile number and I can't remember my own bank account's and passport number and so many other number-ical stuffs which I wish I could or perhaps I should remember them. Of course, I won't blame the technologies for all of these because we can't blame the creators of guns for the people that was killed by the AK-47 at the other side of the world can we? I like the invention of mobiles and all those modern gadgets today. I just, apparently, being overly pampered that's all.

Blog.

Branding is cool. Gold award for product quality or performance, Oscar nominee, FIFA World Player of the Year, KL Restaurants of the Year, etc. Last month, or really 2 weeks ago, this blog was nominated for WMSO Wellington Best Blog 2008. Yesterday, Nash awarded me as one of her Top 4 Blogs thingy (somebody gotta name this but for now I gonna call it Nash's Top 4 hehe and oh maybe I could taruk some recognition logos on the side of this blog. Mcm cool je heh) or perhaps the poster has some writings on it but it was really blur and I couldn't make anything out of it. Plus, tak lawa so I gonna leave it out but I gonna put up the instruction thingy just for the sake of information given. I have to say I'm not that very fond of it too due to bad use of Malay literature but hey, a good idea is still a good idea. Plus, I think this is quite cool. We can learn what kind of other stuffs other people think as good readings.


"NJB : Saya amat merasakan beliau mempunyai minda yg sgt kreatif. Oleh kerana pemikiran beliau yg kreatif gile itu, maka beliau layak menerima award ini"
-Nash at www.tapayok.blogspot.com-

Thanks Nash for this prestigous award. I want to thank the producer Mr. Blogspot for sponsoring the site, my family and friends for their love and never ending motivation in life, my cat Timon and my alter-ego Tommy for always being there for me. Heh

So, my Top 4?

Aida : Awesome writer with exceptional perspective in life.
Farah Hanum : I have to agree with Pn. Siti mentioned during the seminar, Farah can absolutely be an inspiration to many of us.
Wan Zafran : My first favourite blog and I have to say I kinda think my style of writings, despite being far away from your Godlike literature superpower, are mostly inspired by yours. Cheers man.
Sean : So much potential, so little entries. Nonetheless, quality over quantity.

Same as Suraya, I wish I can list more but Nash's Top 4 only requires four of our favourites. I do favour all of the blogs linked on my site here. Everyday I open my blog I'll open every single one of these links to check what's going on. It's a click and read, not that hard anyway (reading it attentively is another thing heh) and especially for those in Wellington, it's fun to busybody about what's going on up at The Terrace heheh.

----------------------------------------

P.S. Remember Loo Time I wrote earlier this year? I think I should add another one; Blogging, literally. Half of the stuffs I wrote here was typed from inside the toilet. Awesome.

P.S.S. I just found out Raja ada blog. Sila la lawat rakan-rakan.

P.S.S.S. Don't forget to njb your friends today! :D

2 comments:

Miss Aida said...

Ooh. Honoured.

Thanks! :)

...
I always wonder how life existed without Google to tell you the truth.

NJB said...

mm, we read books a lot more kot? heh